ISO box design help - 2 12" Alpine type R

Jaudio89

CarAudio.com Newbie
MN
Hello!
I'm iso a slot ported box design with woofers on top of box, and I'm not sure what tuning is best maybe you have some input.
I am looking for a nice sketch with cut out sheet and tuning spec's... i can even pay someone to help me accomplish this.
Thank you for any help.

What kind of music you listen to will help, what kind of vehicle, what kind of room you have for said box..They will need to know all of that in order to help you design a box.

What kind of music you listen to will help, what kind of vehicle, what kind of room you have for said box..They will need to know all of that in order to help you design a box.

Oh yes forgot to add this info:
Box cannot be no bigger than 36"Width 14" Hight 20" Depth
I listen to Rock/Rap
my vehicle is an 07 infiniti G35 4dr

Thank you.

IF you are nailed to those dimensions what you'll end up with at best is 1.9ft3 with 47in2 of port basically.. don't freak... 23in2 of port WILL be fine for those subs Imo... in 1.9ftt3 that port area will work but not be optimum for rated power/
Either way you'll have to go single baffle, single ply .75" to get there so its a wash. Throw a 2K at it and you'll be fine.
G35?.. I like small cars... I hate preconceptions

He can go aeroport and be fine with much less port area. Alpines arent that picky. 1.75 cubes is fine for them too just not optimum output but can still perform and has improved group delay for rock music

G35 sedan and want the subs up? I have a g35x but assume if yours is RWD they still have the same trunk. (The x is built on a m/f chassis fyi) and I don't see the room having subs up.

IF you are nailed to those dimensions what you'll end up with at best is 1.9ft3 with 47in2 of port basically.. don't freak... 23in2 of port WILL be fine for those subs Imo... in 1.9ftt3 that port area will work but not be optimum for rated power/
Either way you'll have to go single baffle, single ply .75" to get there so its a wash. Throw a 2K at it and you'll be fine.

Shredder thanks for the input. The only thing is how wide does the port need to be if I have 1 port for both subs?

I agree with the Aeroport solution and even a single 6" would suffice in around 3.5ft3 and
Shredder thanks for the input. The only thing is how wide does the port need to be if I have 1 port for both subs?
Thats why you get a design from someone who can help or learn subbox design... It's not too hard.
HE13em.jpg

Just leave your preconceptions behind... every install & vehicle reacts differently and a custom enclosure counts for sure but what works in your car?

These guys all know what they’re saying. Back when I did competitions 15 years ago, the alpine type R was one of the best bang for buck subs on the market. I’m not sure if they’ve changed the design in recent years, but I won a few bass races with my type Rs. My best meter with a single R was 145.3 dB on the dash. That one was in 2.25 at 35 hz. In the end, I put it in my brothers mustang in 1.6 at 35 hz, and it did very well in an undersized enclosure.

Hello!
I'm iso a slot ported box design with woofers on top of box, and I'm not sure what tuning is best maybe you have some input.
I am looking for a nice sketch with cut out sheet and tuning spec's... i can even pay someone to help me accomplish this.
Thank you for any help.

you can do like 4-4.5 cubes net @30-34 hz or so. depends on which model exactly but somewhere between 12-16 in^2 per cube.

Oh yes forgot to add this info:
Box cannot be no bigger than 36"Width 14" Hight 20" Depth
I listen to Rock/Rap
my vehicle is an 07 infiniti G35 4dr

Thank you.

can you do a single 15 by chance?

This was for a single type r 12, but I had someone model it in a 4th order. It did very well in i cube sealed and 1.5 ported at 50hz. I just looked at your space so not sure it would work for a pair.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.