Is This too much

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drago
10+ year member

New York
Is having 2 sets (4 total) of tweeters in the front too much. People are telling me that my car is going to sound like a "rattlesnake". I have the CMMD kappas and i am going to get a second pair of tweets, either silk or metal haven't decided which ones and which brand. I am doing this so i can image them. Is 4 tweeters up front too much?

It is kinda exessive to have that many tweeters, but if you have something in the trunk that may drown out the highs maybe it wouldnt be too much to have all of them... but if it does sound like a rattlesnake you can always give me a pair =P... j/k

i am planning on powering the tweeters i plan to buy with the head unit, (22 watts rms), i dont know which one between the titanium kicker tweeters and the silk kicker tweeters. I already have the kappa tweeters in the door, they are ceramic. I dont know which ones to get, please help. Thanks guys. If i got the silk tweeters, will it sound messed up if i have a pair of ceramic tweeters and a pair of silk tweeters. Please help guys?

Ewww... don't power the tweeters off the HU. Definately get a seperate amp to power them if at all possible.

I would suggest keeping the same type of tweeter throughout the system to ensure proper imaging.

I agree... Sure the HU will give it power and it will work but the quality wont even compare to a pair powered by an amp... try getting a small 2 ch amp [200 watts] and put it under the passanger seat since ur tweets are near the front end of the car...

now what i am thinking is that i will take the kappa tweeters out of the door and put them in the rear doors, and i would get the kicker tweeters the titanium ones, and put them where the infinity's used to be. I want to put the kickers up front because they have surface swivel, which allows me to face them towards me for better imaging. On the other hand the kappas are stationary when surfaced mount. In my rear doors now i have 4 inch kappas so if i add the tweets there it would sound nice. Does this sound like it would work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.