components with strong midbass

i hear CDT's and Focals got some good midbass. Of course 6.5's are beter for midbass than 5 1/4's. for SQ theres a ton of speakers with good SQ. CDT, Focal, Crystal, infinity, mb qart, diamond audio, dynaudio, polk audio, alpine ....theres so much to chose from....people differ in taste when looking for compoonents

so true. here's what i'm looking for.

-strong midbass

-relaxed highs (as opposed to harsh/bright, which hurts my ears at loud volumes)

-crisp/clear details

what fits the bill?

p.s. i dont know if it makes a difference in your recommendation, but they will be 6.5s and they will NOT be going in kick panels. they will go in the doors.

so true. here's what i'm looking for.
-strong midbass

-relaxed highs (as opposed to harsh/bright, which hurts my ears at loud volumes)

-crisp/clear details

what fits the bill?

p.s. i dont know if it makes a difference in your recommendation, but they will be 6.5s and they will NOT be going in kick panels. they will go in the doors.
Well yeah it makes a difference cuz mounting depth becomes and issue in doors. If u dont have enough room u can get little mounting rings which will able u to put speakers with large mounting depths into doors.

For smooth highs, all i can suggest to get a silk tweeter. So basically Scratch MbQuart all together. Silk tweeter = soft, crisp treble, titanium tweeter = harsh, bright treble

if u were u id go with the CDT Cl's 6.5's theyr on sale half off on thezeb.com because of some faded paint on the speakers. Theyr about 140 i think.

I just ordered my Crystal Csc component set and ill be getting that soon so ill let u kno how those are. They were 137+shipping off purecaraudio.com

I am also interested in this speaker reccomendation as it sounds like they could also be a good choice for me.

What is an inexpensive amp that you might reccomend for these CDTs?

And not to hijack the thread here and get way off topic but what would provide good 6.5" rear fill if I throw these int he front?

well my setup is cdt cl61s up front and then cdt cl6x's as rear fill in the back. all off a profile ca440 which does 60x4rms. im assuming its going to sound good hehehehehe i haven't had time to install yet :p

Yea the infinity's have quite a bright tweeter and then some, and also lacks a little in the midbass, but it's that amazing crossover that I love. The CDT's are good, I have a pair of them, but don't have enough midbass for my tastes, yet the tweeter is quite crisp. Too many speakers, so little time, if you can, listen to as much as you can and then make a decision. Oh yea, proper imaging will make a world of difference, keep that in mind too.

Alpine Type Rs have a strong midbass, but im not a fan of the tweeter. Haven't heard Kodas, but from the sound of things they are excellent. CDTs are very nice for your application as well.

I would recommend the Dynaudio 240GT, if you're after great low freq output from a 6.5" driver. A super linear response from sub-bass levels on up to around 3500hz. Their x-overs have 3 tweeter modes to pick from, per your preference.

If you're into something very high-end, I'm about to fab some 8's in my doors and sell my McIntosh MSS650 6.5" component set. http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/

Over a grand retail. I'll be asking much less of course. Serious inquiries only.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.