Is this the right choice?

if i was i ur place i would do sometihng like this...

what can i get for the price of the JL combo from ur friend?

after u get that answer, u compare it.

will this give me more bass output and more quality than the JL combo?

if yes u go for the new combo if not go for JL

That rf is 500-600. Look on sound solutions store for something that does 2-3k. After box rise, should be close to the power you want. I run jl subs but that’s cuz I need shallow subs. Jl is good but you can get comparable for less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd do the 13w7. Only slightly a bit less cone area then the two 10s but the sound quality is way better. You'll want the 1500 bdcp or some korean built 2500.1 amp on the 13w7 instead though, not the JL 1200.1.

13w7 will sound a lot cleaner than the sundown(even if both were in ideal enclosures) while still getting down and nasty in the right enclosure and it maintains its value better. See if you can jew the guy down to 300-350 dollars for the 13w7. You'll be able to sell it for that same price in the future so it literally becomes an asset with no depreciation unless you damage it. Only way sundown wins in the quality department is if it was two X 10s or Zv5 10s.

I'd do the 13w7. Only slightly a bit less cone area then the two 10s but the sound quality is way better. You'll want the 1500 bdcp or some korean built 2500.1 amp on the 13w7 instead though, not the JL 1200.1.
13w7 will sound a lot cleaner than the sundown(even if both were in ideal enclosures) while still getting down and nasty in the right enclosure and it maintains its value better. See if you can jew the guy down to 300-350 dollars for the 13w7. You'll be able to sell it for that same price in the future so it literally becomes an asset with no depreciation unless you damage it. Only way sundown wins in the quality department is if it was two X 10s or Zv5 10s.
How come youd do the RF T1500BDCP over the HD1200? The JL is also D1.5 so its wired at 3ohms

The JL does 1200RMS from 1.5-4ohms though 12.5 to 14.4 volts. While the Rockford does a minimum of 1500RMS or more at 1 and 2 ohms and 1000rms at 4ohms.

The JL is a class D and the Rockford is class AB whats the difference?

How come youd do the RF T1500BDCP over the HD1200? The JL is also D1.5 so its wired at 3ohmsThe JL does 1200RMS from 1.5-4ohms though 12.5 to 14.4 volts. While the Rockford does a minimum of 1500RMS or more at 1 and 2 ohms and 1000rms at 4ohms.

The JL is a class D and the Rockford is class AB whats the difference?
relatively the same power in all honesty you wont feel any difference between the two, rockford has an easier time selling and is 300 dollars cheaper. You can get a korean 2-3k and wire down to .75 ohms and get the same results paying a lot less as well.

overpriced Dont even bother with it since it doesn't even have regulated power supplies.

this amp at 0.75 ohm will wipe the floor with that cxa 1800.1. PS this is where the big boys shop. GTFO of sonicnoobtronics.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/twisted-sounds-ts1-8kw-1800w-monoblock-amplifier.html

This is an Amplifier dyno run of the twisted sounds 2.8k which tests for true RMS output. Rated 2800 watts but actually makes close to 4000 watts.

[video=youtube;6gwD7Or-7Hc]

its 600 dollars for this amp. Thats why other people said either you get the rockford or you wire lower and get a korean board amp. They are every bit as quality as those mainstream overpriced amps but are quite tankier and can be wired extremely low.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/twisted-sounds-ts2-8kw.html

Right now its wired to 3 ohms I believe. How do you wire it .75ohms? Do you not hook up one of the coils?
It says 2 ohm dvc but its the exact same concept, just the first picture will be 0.75 ohms and 2nd picture will be 3 ohms. a jumper from sub pos to sub pos and a jumper from sub negative to sub negative. Then have a cable from a sub positive and negative to amp positive and negative.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

By wiring it .75 it wont hurt the sub will it. Might void the warranty thats left?
its more on the load of the amp not the sub. The sub should be getting plenty of clean power. However with korean board amps, wiring to half ohm is like wiring 1 ohm. Thats how stout they are. You already see how much power a 600$ 2800 watt amp does at 1 ohm... almost 4000 watts. For the same price of the RF 1500.1 you can get the ts 2800.1 which will handle whatever ohm load you throw at it and more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.