is this sound deadner any good

Btw op, either one will work great. For AD make sure you have gloves (downside to thicker foil), but I honestly have never had an easier time applying deadener than I did with AT 60mil. Didn't need a roller or heat gun and got pretty decent coverage on 10 sq ft on the doors and under rear passenger seats. Raamat would be another decent option to look at.
Down side to thicker foil... lol. Thicker foil is highly desired and using a pair of gloves should be do no matter what deadener it is. I have some of the 60mil too it is impressive but sq ft for sq ft the AD will own. It is easier to apply because the foil is not thick hence being 60mil.

Down side to thicker foil... lol. Thicker foil is highly desired and using a pair of gloves should be do no matter what deadener it is. I have some of the 60mil too it is impressive but sq ft for sq ft the AD will own. It is easier to apply because the foil is not thick hence being 60mil.
Yep. I get the give and take. If it weren't for Coleman's giveaway though I'd probably have never even thought about their deadener though. Last experience was DM pro and, yeah...not so fun.

AlphaDamp im looking for something for my roof and doors and the rear quarter panels . i found this stuff fot about 100.00 shipped for 25 sf. thanks for any info
AlphaDamp is the best you can get. Everyone will recommend AudioTechnix because its cheap. Id go with AlphaDamp (I run Second Skin exclusively) over any other brand except for Sound Deadener Showdown.

Prefer what you want on the basis of customer service, but a better product is a better product plain and simple. AT cannot hold a candle to AlphaDamp CLD tiles.

Prefer what you want on the basis of customer service, but a better product is a better product plain and simple. AT cannot hold a candle to AlphaDamp CLD tiles.
So, that being said, AD vs SDS? Hmmm?

Can't speak for either on a personal level, but it's always been a question on my mind. SDS spent all that time researching his shizz.

OP, here is a very informative video featuring a few of the leading Deadener's on the market. :)
[video=youtube;XWBzhEUG-LI]

Great Video!!

If I did not have all this AlphaDamp in stock, nor the connections to this industry I have, I would use AT without a doubt.

ANT

Says who? I've yet to see any real scientific testing done that I would consider effective. Which would of course mean, doing decibel tests in several of the exact same, new (or newer) vehicles. I realize of course, that thicker aluminum is of course going to yield better results. But there are several brands with comparably thick aluminum and like everything else, there is going to be a point of diminishing returns. Past that, you're just paying for nothing. So while I have nothing against Alpha Damp, I'd still like to see some proof to everyone's claims. Everywhere I go someone is shouting from the rooftops that its the best of the best, with little actual evidence.

There have to be other brands that at least get very close. I have my doubts that its by far the best and no one even comes close.

Says who? I've yet to see any real scientific testing done that I would consider effective. Which would of course mean, doing decibel tests in several of the exact same, new (or newer) vehicles. I realize of course, that thicker aluminum is of course going to yield better results. But there are several brands with comparably thick aluminum and like everything else, there is going to be a point of diminishing returns. Past that, you're just paying for nothing. So while I have nothing against Alpha Damp, I'd still like to see some proof to everyone's claims. Everywhere I go someone is shouting from the rooftops that its the best of the best, with little actual evidence.
There have to be other brands that at least get very close. I have my doubts that its by far the best and no one even comes close.
Decibels doesn't show anything. You can gain or lose if you alter resonant response of the vehicle enough. The goal is to prevent vibrations. Also 1 company does come close. You also pay a premium with them. Sound deadener showdown

I meant decibels from outside the car/s. Say playing the exact same song using the exact same system in the exact same car. With all the doors closed and windows rolled up, of course. The objective being, trying to see which car will let the most noise out. Thereby finding out which company offers the best deadening. Or from inside the car, but only measuring road noise at 85 MPH. No one has done that. My guess is they fear the results that will be shown.

Deadener isn't meant to prevent road noise. There are other products that go along with deadener. The only reason for deadener is to prevent panel vibrations.

You said you realize that thicker aluminum will yield better results. AlphaDamp is thicker than AT. Point proven?

Deadener isn't meant to prevent road noise. There are other products that go along with deadener. The only reason for deadener is to prevent panel vibrations.
Which reduces road noise, which is what a great many people use it for. I used it specifically for that purpose in my old truck and achieved good results to that end.

You said you realize that thicker aluminum will yield better results. AlphaDamp is thicker than AT. Point proven?
I'm afraid not. As I said, there is a point of diminishing returns. With everything. So how do we know where that is? I've yet to see any testing which proves anything on that subject. In short, they can just slap any old thickness on there and tell us its better cause its thicker. I'd just like to see the proof to back up their claims, is all. They don't seem to want to provide any which is likely an indicator. Now if its the best, then its the best and I'll gladly buy it. I just don't really want to be wasting my money on deadeners that are overpriced when in reality you can buy the one that's cheaper and get the same results. Do you personally have any experience with all of these? Have you heard differences in them? I've noticed that Second Skin can't stop advertising to save its life, they're practically everywhere. That doesn't make them the best, necessarily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.