is this sound deadner any good

Which reduces road noise, which is what a great many people use it for. I used it specifically for that purpose in my old truck and achieved good results to that end.

I'm afraid not. As I said, there is a point of diminishing returns. With everything. So how do we know where that is? I've yet to see any testing which proves anything on that subject. In short, they can just slap any old thickness on there and tell us its better cause its thicker. I'd just like to see the proof to back up their claims, is all. They don't seem to want to provide any which is likely an indicator. Now if its the best, then its the best and I'll gladly buy it. I just don't really want to be wasting my money on deadeners that are overpriced when in reality you can buy the one that's cheaper and get the same results. Do you personally have any experience with all of these? Have you heard differences in them? I've noticed that Second Skin can't stop advertising to save its life, they're practically everywhere. That doesn't make them the best, necessarily.
It doesnt reduce road noise. It lowers the resonant frequency of a panel. Mass Loaded Vinyl reduces road noise.

It doesnt reduce road noise. It lowers the resonant frequency of a panel. Mass Loaded Vinyl reduces road noise.
Well then my panels were resonating just going down the road. That old truck I used it on sounded like a 55 gallon drum rolling down the road before I used it. Afterwards, not so much. Wind and vibrations caused by driving can produce road noise.

lol it is so easy to see who is a nutthugger on here and who isnt. its plain and simple, sds and Alpha Damp own the industry in sound deadening and eliminating road noise, Audio Technix is a good bang for your buck. Coleman himself said it is not the best out there, but is good enough to compete with the best. I run Audio technix myself, mainly because im a poor college student and it works for me. however, if money wasnt an object i would run sound deadener showdown, hands down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.