Is this any good always wanted it

Participant count
  • Participant list
This is just quick and dirty... I'd cut the mounting hole last as I got the baffle kinda close... but do you think this is big for a single 10" driver?

See what I mean?
Never looked into doing t-lines just know there's more involved in design and they're bigger. I'm thinking he probably has an suv. But yeah that's got some width and depth to it lol.

Lowering the tune will make it even bigger... lol... I wonder how a 37hz tune with that driver will do extension wise?
 Do they usually work better tuned a little higher then you'd normally tune for sq ported? if I had somewhere to put a t-line wouldn't mind trying one 1 day just for fun.

I wonder why parts express suggested tune is so high vented 

But yeah couldn't imagine how big it would be if tuned below 30

I modeled it up vented and I did not like it... that said, I like a low tune and to be able to use all the power rating when vented but maybe you'll see something different. It just did not like a low tune in a vented box as the excursion kept being a problem. Maybe I looked at it all wrong but for anywhere near rated power it needs a smallish enclosure, and that looks like to me that kills the low end. 

I'm still learning but maybe a sealed box or lower power would be better if going ported.

I modeled it up vented and I did not like it... that said, I like a low tune and to be able to use all the power rating when vented but maybe you'll see something different. It just did not like a low tune in a vented box as the excursion kept being a problem. Maybe I looked at it all wrong but for anywhere near rated power it needs a smallish enclosure, and that looks like to me that kills the low end. 

I'm still learning but maybe a sealed box or lower power would be better if going ported.
Yeah i know what you're saying. I'm learning too. Have modeled some drivers like that before. Some Daytons come to mind. Kinda the same way. Go larger box to get better low end extension then looses power handling. Sounds like he may want to go with something else  if he wants to kill the lows. 

Where did it start dropping off in the small box?

Yeah i know what you're saying. I'm learning too. Have modeled some drivers like that before. Some Daytons come to mind. Kinda the same way. Go larger box to get better low end extension then looses power handling. Sounds like he may want to go with something else  if he wants to kill the lows. 

Where did it start dropping off in the small box?
I sorta gave up... It just lost too much for me... that's why I looked at the qts and qms and decided to try a T-line. Everyone says with even a 40hz tune a tline will extend almost a full octave lower... cleanly

I still gotta get off my rear and build what I got planned just to see, but it's Az and hot atm... this winter I'll be doin' it for sure

I sorta gave up... It just lost too much for me... that's why I looked at the qts and qms and decided to try a T-line. Everyone says with even a 40hz tune a tline will extend almost a full octave lower... cleanly

I still gotta get off my rear and build what I got planned just to see, but it's Az and hot atm... this winter I'll be doin' it for sure
Wonder if he has room for something like that 

These morels I'm using are kinda the same way. I already had them sealed. No fun in building sealed to me anyway. I seen how they'd do ported. Tryed them anyway. Primarily listen to rock/metal when I'm working so not missing anything. Pretty good on low mid.They still don't do too bad on rap music just don't kill it on the low low stuff. Got couple of 15s to play with  at home when i get around to building something. For some reason I listen to more rap 90s pop at home. Probably has something to do with the ol lady.

Doing a t-line huh. That'll be interesting. What sub you have in mind.  

I get around to replacing the 8s in my honda ya think type r 8s would work in a t-line?  I got an old f150 extended cab I don't need the rear seats for anything.

How big of a box for that 12
bcVfkm.jpg

I'm so dumb I don't understand anything you guys said lol. Are you saying parts express is wrong in saying it needs .69 ported@43hz? I have a 17 civic but trunk is entirely for sub box enough room for a single 10 easily. Id prefer a low tune are you saying you cant get it tuned low because it will sound like trash? 

I'm so dumb I don't understand anything you guys said lol. Are you saying parts express is wrong in saying it needs .69 ported@43hz? I have a 17 civic but trunk is entirely for sub box enough room for a single 10 easily. Id prefer a low tune are you saying you cant get it tuned low because it will sound like trash? 
I doubt you're dumb man. Didn't see it but what I imagine it looked like it rolled off early in the lower frequencies. Idk maybe 50 hz or something. In order to get it not to you'd have to increase box air space but at the sacrifice of power handling.  Wouldn't necessarily sound like crap in small box depending on what you're expecting out of it.  Just wouldn't be as loud on low frequencies as something else. Or maybe use bigger box less power. But if it looks like I think it does. Single sub I'd want something else. Maybe 2 subs bigger box less power idk. 

Did u see that t-line? Think you can get something like that in your civic trunk lol

trunks pretty big so I can go smaller if i use less power I have no issues using less power. How can something play lows with such a high tune crazy

trunks pretty big so I can go smaller if i use less power I have no issues using less power. How can something play lows with such a high tune crazy
Wouldn't be tuned that high  in a ported box. idk how much power you'd have to give up without looking at. 

How much power r u using for your mids and highs

No u can go larger box to get better low end response less power 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.