Is this any good always wanted it

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am currently running https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIU62/Morel-Maximo-Ultra-602-Coax.html on 60rms sound pretty amazing right now I'm using a single kappa 1000w which I'm very happy with. I just love trying new subs and this morel has my attention. If I can give up power to get a lower tuned box I would I think I have a 1.35 @37hz in my spare room somewhere.
You'd probably be disappointed with that morel.i   Could play with box size and tune on Winisd  to get better sq from that kappa  what amp r u using on the kappa 

Last edited by a moderator:
anyway that's what I'd do if I were you. Keep the kappa. You already have a good SQ sub just needs to be in a better box. It would be like having a new sub. Maybe you have a different idea of what SQ is then I do since you are happy with it idk.

The newer one? 

viRFsAF.jpg

dual 2 or 4?.. what amp/load does Op have?

yes that's the sub woofer amp is kicker iq500.1 and  I don't want to morel to improve or change this sub woofer I just want it to have it :)  and was curious about their recommendation of .69 ported at 43hz

anyway that's what I'd do if I were you. Keep the kappa. You already have a good SQ sub just needs to be in a better box. It would be like having a new sub. Maybe you have a different idea of what SQ is then I do since you are happy with it idk.
I think you thought I put the kappa in the box I said I have in my spare room for the morel the higher tuned smaller enclosure? The kappa is not in that enclosure.

kappa is in 1.5@ 30hz they recommended 1.5 @32  my box is not braced though and tuned lower than they say plus I never asked anyone to model it before having it made :(  but it sure sounds awesome. I feel bad after reading your guys messages I should have been more clear initially im crazy I literally have a bedroom full of sub woofers Ill use them not use them I buy them just to add to my stash just to swap out whenever i want inside for home or car. It's a real sickness like now for instance it's 4:50am and im here talking about and looking at sub woofers in another tab :)

yeah i know what you're saying. That's probably not too bad of a box for that sub. I'll pm you some screen shoots after while so you can see the frequency response of that morel compared to what you have now. After the better half gets up. Should be up soon. I gotta leave around 7:45 but pretty sure said she had to work this morning too.

sorry yes :)  I have ran it at 4 on less power though also but current is 2 but we can compare at 4 since morel is 4

random question off subject is there something you see from the infinity specs or when it models that would explain why this thing sounds so good I have owned/own alot of subs this is hands down one of my favs it just seems to play any music so well like it knows when to drop low for rap or dub step yet become so crisp and tight for the piano guys reproducing strings and drums so well I apologize I know were suppose to be talking about this morel I'm buying :)

sorry yes :)  I have ran it at 4 on less power though also but current is 2 but we can compare at 4 since morel is 4

random question off subject is there something you see from the infinity specs or when it models that would explain why this thing sounds so good I have owned/own alot of subs this is hands down one of my favs it just seems to play any music so well like it knows when to drop low for rap or dub step yet become so crisp and tight for the piano guys reproducing strings and drums so well I apologize I know were suppose to be talking about this morel I'm buying :)
No worries pm sent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.