Is this all I need to install a 590IB into a 2000 F150?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Unless you are going to hardwire the deck you will need a Pioneer harness. This keeps everything simple and easy.

Thats what the top link is. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Incorrect. When installing a head unit there are two harnesses that you will need to use if you do not want to hardwire it. 1) a harness specific for your vehicle (this is the one that you posted). This will take your factory wire harness and convert it into a universal plug that can be then connected to a radio brand specific harness... 2) a harness specific for your deck - Pioneer. If you go this route it is as simple as plugging together the harnesses.

Incorrect. When installing a head unit there are two harnesses that you will need to use if you do not want to hardwire it. 1) a harness specific for your vehicle (this is the one that you posted). This will take your factory wire harness and convert it into a universal plug that can be then connected to a radio brand specific harness... 2) a harness specific for your deck - Pioneer. If you go this route it is as simple as plugging together the harnesses.
Alright, if I want to put the stock one back in after a while, will it still be ok?

The harness you have listed is NOT the correct harness for your truck. You need the FWH-598 listed on that page.

You do not need to purchase an additional harness that plugs into your Pioneer head unit, as long as you're capable of crimping or soldering the Pioneer harness you already have to the Ford harness you're purchasing. If you don't have soldering tools or a decent crimping tool then you may as well buy a "smart-harness" assembly that fits both the Pioneer deck and the Ford plug. Otherwise it just saves about three minutes of work.

Here's an example of a Pioneer to Ford harness that should work for your vehicle: clicky clicky

Well, when I got this pioneer radio, I was upgrading from an older pioneer (harness still fit though). But I apparently misplaced my old wiring harness, as it's not in the box and nowhere to be found //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Any way I can connect the stuff directly into the radio's little pins? Or get a cheap replacement somewhere?

To clarify:

I already had a pioneer harness thing installed in my old truck, so I just unplugged the old player and plugged in the new one. So the old truck still has a harness in it, but it's already been sold (along with the old pioneer I replaced). So I'm stuck with a pioneer cd player that has no harness because I misplaced one...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.