is this a good speaker setup??(budget)

traksta15
10+ year member

I love lamp.
ok, i drive a 90 camaro and i can't fit kicks in the floor boards because i'm 6'3" and need all the space i can get.....so i'll just have to put speakers in the stock locations. so here's what i wanted to do.........

Infinity 4x6 plate speakers http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1343

should i amp these with this amp http://www.profilecaraudio.com/amplifiers.htm

(the 100sx btw) or just run them off the HU?(pioneer deh-4600mp) if i don't amp them, i'll use the amp for some 6.5's in the rear. I know its not good to have your main midbass behind you , but i'm afraid i won't have any midbass at all (besides the dash infinities) without some rear fill........so for some 6.5's i was thinkin about these.....

pioneer 6.5 coaxials http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2942

OR

alpine 6.5 type s coaxials http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1292

both will be amped with the profile 100sx, any help would be greatly appreciated and i know the best solution would be to get comps and put them in some kicks, but i don't have the know how, or space for them........TIA

2 Rockford Fosgate T1462C (4"x6" 2-way Speakers) = $55

Power Handling (RMS) - 40 watts

Power Handling (Peak) - 80 watts

Frequency Response - 80-22k hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T152C (5-1/4" 2-way Speakers) = $65

Power Handling (RMS) - 60 watts

Power Handling (Peak) - 120 watts

Frequency Response - 70-22k hz

hit me up with a pm if your interested

used, but in good condition, the installer, installed them and i never took them out, had them in for like 2 months, good SQ better then my card board stock speakers

are you SURE you can't fit kicks?! is it an automatic or stick? if it's an auto you can fit some fiberglass kicks in... i did and i'm 6'2"... i had a 91 camaro a few years ago... the 4x6 plates will NOT fit unless you heat and remold the a/c vents and cut away some plastic... i tried...

and if it's a plate... then more than likely the rubber surround of the mid will hit the bulky camaro dash... i hated that sound... so i returned them bought some components... and got some fiberglass kicks made

its an automatic. I might be able to fit them, but i have no experience in glassing, nor do i want to pay $200+ for qlogic kicks.......what should i do?i had a thread about maybe making some sort of a "minibox" for my comps to fit in the kick area....it would have the same effect as a set of kicks, just not the curvacious look of most kicks.........any thoughts???

I have the Infinity Kappa 4x6 plates and they are amazing. A 3 inch cone and a half inch suprised me. I ran mine off an amp and they got loud. They are rated at 65 rms. I was pushing a little more to them than that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.