Is this a good setup?

I wouldnt get the either of those amps for highs. Stick the reference or club. I could sell you both reference amps I have for 200 shipped both brand new.... Otherwise back to Harman they go.
Also you can get a 0 gauge ofc kit from Orion on eBay for 67 shipped right now... Absolute steal. The RCAs and speaker wire included are pure poop but the actual power and ground wires are very nice.
I would be able to purchase them around 18-22nd of this month, just waiting on our works bonus checks to come in, so if you can hold out until then I will take them.

I would just wire all the door speakers to 704a and see if they sound good if not unplug them. (4ohm to the rear for 70rms each - 4ohm bridged for fronts 100rms each. if I looked at them right)

Didnt even think about the distribution block, good idea!

I wish I could hold them that long, but that puts me out of my return window with Harman and they are going back on either Monday or Tuesday. Not saying I don't trust you to come thru on them, but I have been asked 3 times by different peeps to hold these amps for them only to never be heard from again. I buy these amps to test and if its a good deal I try and pay it forward vs return them. In this case though my time is up.

Either way these are nice amps, and I think you would be wise picking them up online from a retailer.

As for hooking your speakers up, no you wouldn't bridge any of the channels. You would hook the fronts and the rears up to the respective outputs and let it fly. I believe the 609cs are 3 ohm, and based on my bench test you will see 100WPC RMS at 3 ohms (Actual output is 4x80 @ 4ohm and 4x120W @ 2ohm). Thats enough power to make those 609's sing.

I don't work for MITS... But I do work for another Japanese car maker and yes, the base systems in cheaper cars are pure poo... Our high end though.... I wouldn't even change a thing, they even have subwoofers that work decent.
Dude I just finished tuning up 2007 honda accord budget setup. bare bones stock speakers and tweeters no factory upgrade, boston acoustics 5 channel amp (will add sub later) and a JVC x340bts Unit. Sh*t sounds better than 80% of the local aftermarket setups at competitions and destroys most setups I've heard done by shops both in SQ with decent loudness and pretty darn good soundstage. Even plays some sub bass and decent midbass on a 40hz at -18db high pass. The power and head unit tuning does WAAAAY more than any speaker swap can ever hope to achieve IMO. Didnt have to do much on the install since the speaker was design for IB and already has redirected sound from the factory baffle.

Im going to buy some 0 gauge OFC power and ground wire, do you think I would be okay running CCA wire from the distribution block to both amps. I have 4 and 8 gauge wire already but they're CCA wire.

Each amp draws 60 amps.

Im going to buy some 0 gauge OFC power and ground wire, do you think I would be okay running CCA wire from the distribution block to both amps. I have 4 and 8 gauge wire already but they're CCA wire.
Each amp draws 60 amps.
you could probably get away with it, but its not recommended

My budget increased a little bit, was thinking maybe putting it into the subs, if I have too getting a bigger amp for them also. I've really only had experience with type r's and pioneer premiers. Are the type r's considered good subs? Crutchfield has some good deals right now, was going to look at 1200watt rms 1 ohm kenwood amp, remember someone said something about 2 FU300's, but not sure I could fit the larger enclosure in my trunk. Also I see mixed things about Hifonics amps, I don't want to go with a complete cheap amp but I can't afford the top of the line.

Anyone every had hands on with a NVX amp.

Im also on stock electricals, 130 amp alternator I believe, I don't want to have to do any battery/alt upgrades so if this is pushing those limits then I will stick to original plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.