A complete new system build.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm starting from scratch, new everything. This system going into a 2000 Blazer. I have very little money for this build, but i still want to get a set up performs decently. I know it's a far cry from what some of you fellas have. Lol

So far I have managed to stay within a very tight budget. At this point i have bought a 300 amp Delco altenator ($170), NVX 0 gauge big 3 ($50) and amp wiring kit ($90), a JVC hu ($120), a long with a Soundstream Picasso 6000.1 ($200). This brings me to crucial point in my purchasing. I have $400 for subs. I was originally looking at two American Bass XFLs ($170 a piece), but the guy doing my enclosure build recommended three Soundqubed HDS3.112 subs instead ($125 per sub). I trust his opinion but I've have never heard this brand, or product in person. The three sub build would give me more cone area, and would fit nicely in my cargo area, but i was wondering if anyone has input on such a cost effective subwoofer? So basicly, does the HDS3s perform decently? My goal is nice lows and a lot of bass that is somewhat clear. The box we're planning is a double baffle ported enclosure. Subs firing up, port back, it will be a tuned build. The jury's still out on components. Do you guys think that's enough electrical to support 3000 rms?

All in all I want to be able to pull up at work and go head to head with my co-workers' systems. They all paid way too much at the local car audio shop for your standard 2 12s and a 1000 watt amp. They've been giving me a hard time about my build. Laughing and cracking jokes about how i'm buying junk, and man do they talk trash. Lol. I actually have several small wager bets with them about who's system will sound better yada yada. Anyway, i've been reading this forum for a while and figured you guys might be able to shed some light on this product, and build. Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas would greatly appreciated.

I'm starting from scratch, new everything. This system going into a 2000 Blazer. I have very little money for this build, but i still want to get a set up doesn't completely ****.
I have already made a few purchases. So far I have managed to stay within a very tight budget. At this point i have bought a 300 amp Delco altenator ($170), NVX 0 gauge big 3 ($50) and amp wiring kit ($90), a JVC hu ($120), a long with a Soundstream Picasso 6000.1 ($200). This brings me to crucial point in my purchasing. I have $400 for subs. I was originally looking at two American Bass XFLs ($170 a piece), but the guy doing my enclosure build recommended three Soundqubed HDS3.112 subs instead ($125 per sub). I trust his opinion but I've have never heard this brand, or product in person. The three sub build would give me more cone area, and would fit nicely in my cargo area, but i was wondering if anyone has input on such a cost effective subwoofer? So basicly, does the HDS3s perform decently? My goal is nice lows and a lot of bass that is somewhat clear. The box we're planning is a double baffle ported enclosure. Subs firing up, port back, it will be a tuned build.

All in all I want to be to pull up at work be able to go head to head with co-worker' systems. They all paid way too much at the local car audio shop for your standard 2 12s and a 1000 watt amp. They've been giving me a hard time about my build. Laughing and cracking jokes about how i'm buying junk, and man do they talk trash. Lol. I actually have several small wager bets with them about who's system will sound better yada yada. Anyway, i've been reading this forum for a while and figured you guys might be able to shed some light on this product, and build.
I paid $800 for this sub/amp combo in my 1997 Blazer... lol... about $1700 by the time I finished everything... it never is enough!

ORgaMrJ.jpg

it did ok... meh

ItKrVk0.jpg

2 12's CAN do pretty good IMO... lol

Are those hds3 subs?
Not quite...

7sjN28Z.jpg

A pair of... dare I say... "Skars".. lol... everyone will tell you about the brand but I had good luck with these... the Soundqubed stuff is good as I hear it as well but I'll let others speak as to their quality and durability...

The guys at work think if its not kicker, mtx, or Rockford fosgate it's junk. They basically go by whatever the salesman at the audio shops tell them. Most of them paid high dollar for their setups, and laugh whenever i mention a product I'm interested in.

I'm starting from scratch, new everything. This system going into a 2000 Blazer. I have very little money for this build, but i still want to get a set up performs decently. I know it's a far cry from what some of you fellas have. Lol
So far I have managed to stay within a very tight budget. At this point i have bought a 300 amp Delco altenator ($170), NVX 0 gauge big 3 ($50) and amp wiring kit ($90), a JVC hu ($120), a long with a Soundstream Picasso 6000.1 ($200). This brings me to crucial point in my purchasing. I have $400 for subs. I was originally looking at two American Bass XFLs ($170 a piece), but the guy doing my enclosure build recommended three Soundqubed HDS3.112 subs instead ($125 per sub). I trust his opinion but I've have never heard this brand, or product in person. The three sub build would give me more cone area, and would fit nicely in my cargo area, but i was wondering if anyone has input on such a cost effective subwoofer? So basicly, does the HDS3s perform decently? My goal is nice lows and a lot of bass that is somewhat clear. The box we're planning is a double baffle ported enclosure. Subs firing up, port back, it will be a tuned build. The jury's still out on components. Do you guys think that's enough electrical to support 3000 rms?

All in all I want to be able to pull up at work and go head to head with my co-workers' systems. They all paid way too much at the local car audio shop for your standard 2 12s and a 1000 watt amp. They've been giving me a hard time about my build. Laughing and cracking jokes about how i'm buying junk, and man do they talk trash. Lol. I actually have several small wager bets with them about who's system will sound better yada yada. Anyway, i've been reading this forum for a while and figured you guys might be able to shed some light on this product, and build. Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas would greatly appreciated.
Unless you have 3k on tap i would not go with the hds3s or xfls. Sorry to say id pay for a box design from someone that knows how to get loudand have your builder build it.

I'll be running 3k ish to them. Hopefully my amp will do close to rated. My builder is a very reputable car audio guy. People from other states come here for his work. . He thinks that's a good set-up for me given my budget and the amount of space I have. The new direction of the build kind of surprised me so I'm trying to get more information before I buy new subs. You know, a measure twice cut once type of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep reading here and communicating with some solid members, and your buddies are gonna **** their pants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, I’m sure you know, but to get the full 3000 watts are whatever the true number your amp is going to give, you have to have the ohms right...

I’m not “extremelyl well educated on it, but to get that 3000 your amp specifications may need to be as low as one ohm to get that power...

So “if” you didn’t know, look at your amps ohm values, and make sure the subs you get lineup with your desired ohms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.