Is this a good setup?

it really depends, i've fixed too many bad setups to count where people said their stock setups sounded better. You are completely under valuing the sound treatment part. Literally makes the biggest difference when done right.
Oh I'm not undervaluing it, I'm just stating a poor factory system (Like what comes in a Lancer) can be nothing but improved with good speakers and an amp. I'm not undervaluing sound deadening, I did it to my truck, but again I don't think its the "f u c k it" point that nothing else matters when it comes to changing the stock speakers and hu. The car company I work for, on our basic car we offer a simple audio upgrade on our base car (Literally RF Prime Comps and a RF Prime 4 channel) and it sounds so much better over the base system. No extra sound deadening.

that kenwood hu has hp xover like mine so leave factory rears just get nice 75rms-125x2 amp for fronts run rears off hu.. big blank just tested those amps he may still have them for sale but i'd look for 2 channel for fronts **** less power from alt, power just the speakers that matter..
Just finishing the video of 704A, then back to Harman they go. Nobody seems to want them at the $90 I paid (plus shipping). Will likely send them back mid next week.

The 704a actually does 4x80W @ 4ohm and 4x120W@ 2ohms certified 4x83W uncertified@4ohm 4x123W @ 2ohms , also does 4x84W Dynamic and 4x124 Dynamic. Doesn't appear to have a anti clipping circuit like the 551A. Both are nice amps for the money.

Oh I'm not undervaluing it, I'm just stating a poor factory system (Like what comes in a Lancer) can be nothing but improved with good speakers and an amp. I'm not undervaluing sound deadening, I did it to my truck, but again I don't think its the "f u c k it" point that nothing else matters when it comes to changing the stock speakers and hu. The car company I work for, on our basic car we offer a simple audio upgrade on our base car (Literally RF Prime Comps and a RF Prime 4 channel) and it sounds so much better over the base system. No extra sound deadening.
eww prime components? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif:wow: that would mean the lancer's system is extremely cr@p then. Most other stock setups nowadays are very decent well beyond what a pair of amplified prime components can ever hope to achieve.

I don't work for MITS... But I do work for another Japanese car maker and yes, the base systems in cheaper cars are pure poo... Our high end though.... I wouldn't even change a thing, they even have subwoofers that work decent.

Im not really looking for bass from the door speakers, and I didnt plan on doing any sound dampening, so the factory speakers will sound better and be loud with a better head unit that has more power output versus the stock head unit when the speakers start distorting and sounding like garbage when turning up the volume.
you actually are looking for bass from the door speakers, just not sub bass. Midbass is killed without proper door treatment

it really depends, i've fixed too many bad setups to count where people said their stock setups sounded better. You are completely under valuing the sound treatment part. Literally makes the biggest difference when done right.
I have to agree with this the difference is huge when done properly. Even stock speakers will sound much better. This to me is almost a step 1 as even over the past week helping two people out with sound deadening installation made a huge difference

Okay here is what I have come up with.

Head Unit: Kenwood DDX374BT - $177

Fronts: JBL GTO Series GTO609C - $90

Rears: JBL Stage 602 - $45 (Connected to HU)

Front AMP: JBL GX-A602 -$55 or Hifonics ZXX-500.2 - $70

Subwoofer: Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 - $156

Enclosure: Sound Ordnance Bass Bunker Sealed single 12" subwoofer enclosure (1.27 cu ft) - $60

Sub Amp: JBL CLUB-5501 Monoblock Amplifier - $99

Dynamat 10435 Xtreme Door Kit and Trunk Kit - $150 ish

Total: $820ish

The 3ohm on those speakers came in handy giving me more options for amps.

Here is a picture of my exact door with the panel off, I've never done dynamat or deadening tasks, but what would be considered a basic sound deadening job. Figured I would just cover up all the open areas and put it around the door speaker opening.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Interior-Door-Panel-Removal-Guide/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Interior-Door-Panel-Removal-Guide-030.JPG

Okay here is what I have come up with.
Head Unit: Kenwood DDX374BT - $177

Fronts: JBL GTO Series GTO609C - $90

Rears: JBL Stage 602 - $45 (Connected to HU)

Front AMP: JBL GX-A602 -$55 or Hifonics ZXX-500.2 - $70

Subwoofer: Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 - $156

Enclosure: Sound Ordnance Bass Bunker Sealed single 12" subwoofer enclosure (1.27 cu ft) - $60

Sub Amp: JBL CLUB-5501 Monoblock Amplifier - $99

Dynamat 10435 Xtreme Door Kit and Trunk Kit - $150 ish

Total: $820ish

The 3ohm on those speakers came in handy giving me more options for amps.

Here is a picture of my exact door with the panel off, I've never done dynamat or deadening tasks, but what would be considered a basic sound deadening job. Figured I would just cover up all the open areas and put it around the door speaker opening.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Interior-Door-Panel-Removal-Guide/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Interior-Door-Panel-Removal-Guide-030.JPG
wires, you forgot to figure in wires. gotta have wires. i like wires. Only reason i say it that repeatedly is because youre gonna be at over $100 in cabling alone

wires, you forgot to figure in wires. gotta have wires. i like wires. Only reason i say it that repeatedly is because youre gonna be at over $100 in cabling alone
Oops, I had a list in a previous post on the 1st page where I already have the wires but forgot to mention is on this page sorry about that, I have a 8 gauge kit for the front amp and 4 gauge for the sub amp. And some 14 gauge to run new wire for the fronts, and rears I will probably not touch them just easy swap out of the speakers.

Oops, I had a list in a previous post on the 1st page where I already have the wires but forgot to mention is on this page sorry about that, I have a 8 gauge kit for the front amp and 4 gauge for the sub amp. And some 14 gauge to run new wire for the fronts, and rears I will probably not touch them just easy swap out of the speakers.
why 2 kits? just run as thick of wire as the sum amperage necessitates and split at the rear. also, make sure to make a good ground

yeah sell the 8ga kit and get 2 or 0 ga wire to run to back get dist block to connect it to and then u can split into 2 short smaller ga wire to run to each amp..

I wouldnt get the either of those amps for highs. Stick the reference or club. I could sell you both reference amps I have for 200 shipped both brand new.... Otherwise back to Harman they go.

Also you can get a 0 gauge ofc kit from Orion on eBay for 67 shipped right now... Absolute steal. The RCAs and speaker wire included are pure poop but the actual power and ground wires are very nice.

I wouldnt get the either of those amps for highs. Stick the reference or club. I could sell you both reference amps I have for 200 shipped both brand new.... Otherwise back to Harman they go.
Also you can get a 0 gauge ofc kit from Orion on eBay for 67 shipped right now... Absolute steal. The RCAs and speaker wire included are pure poop but the actual power and ground wires are very nice.
Why'd you quote me? LoL!!

Woops... To be fair I was in the dentist chair high on nitrous when I typed that. Lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.