Is this a decent box??

Titebond 2 wood glue, and I used coarse drywall screws, and liquid nails to seal up all the seams. 

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

You'll notice a difference
no liquid nails at all and no drywall screws. use only the wood glue and use stainless steel screws,if you have to seal it use a good chaulking

are you implying that after the glue is done its ok to remove the screws??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif
of course not... I am an accomplished and well known enclosure designer and builder... I just didnt want him going nuts with the screws... too many screws actually weakens the MDF or wood.

look how many posts I have...then think about that ? lol

You know what, im gonna give it a try. I'm gonna use one of the pre-made designs on this site that were posted in this section.
What kind of glue and nails do i buy.. Is there maybe a thread that will give me some hints on how to build it?
I went from a prefab ported then built my own box with a pre-made design from here as well. All i can tell you is i will NEVER buy another pre-fab box again...day and night difference.

Even one of the "free designs" will work decently. I'm not a fan of anything generic as that means it is not 100% tailored to your application, but they would be 100% better then your current enclosure and just about any prefab enclosure. Assuming your building skills are up to par of course.

hey thats what is sounded like n u know it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

of course not... I am an accomplished and well known enclosure designer and builder... I just didnt want him going nuts with the screws... too many screws actually weakens the MDF or wood.
look how many posts I have...then think about that ? lol

are you implying that after the glue is done its ok to remove the screws??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif
you: 545 posts with 26 groans

me: 6470 posts 0 groans 26 thanks

need I really clarify that ?

In most installs, yes, you can remove the screws and not have a single issue with the box falling apart(so long as you're using the right glue/adhesive). In larger installs with more pressure being built up inside the box, you'll sometimes have the top layer of MDF actually pull away. The glue joint will be fine, but the MDF itself will fail. This is where screws come in handy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.