Is this a decent box??

sjedwards1984
10+ year member

Amazon.com: Atrend 15Lsv Atrend Series 15-Inch Single Vented Spl Enclosure: Electronics

I own one, its good quality, just poor shipping protection. You can guarantee 1 or more corners will be slightly smashed/missing carpet. It doesn't structurally hurt the box just make it look rough.

Anyway when you look at size and layout I would bet that they are made in the same factory as mine has extremely similiar measurments and calculates to be 4.3 cubes net

Don't buy a prefab bro. Building your own box isn't that difficult. Have home depot or Lowes cut the wood, some glue and screws and your good.

You know what, im gonna give it a try. I'm gonna use one of the pre-made designs on this site that were posted in this section.

What kind of glue and nails do i buy.. Is there maybe a thread that will give me some hints on how to build it?

You know what, im gonna give it a try. I'm gonna use one of the pre-made designs on this site that were posted in this section.
What kind of glue and nails do i buy.. Is there maybe a thread that will give me some hints on how to build it?
Titebond 2 wood glue, and I used coarse drywall screws, and liquid nails to seal up all the seams.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Is having a better box than my 2.3 cu ft ported prefab now going to make that much of a difference with my type r 15?
You'll notice a difference

Is having a better box than my 2.3 cu ft ported prefab now going to make that much of a difference with my type r 15?

1-5/8" coarse drywall screws a 1/8" or #8 bit to predrill the holes and titebond 2 woodglue... be generous with the glue and space the screws no closer than 6" no farther than 10". the screws are just to hold it together while the glue dries.

by the way bro your subs want a box 2.9 the maximum volume that box is too toooo big and if you do it yourself u will for sure save 90bucks bro. i did my first box not too long ago and it came out just fine, and home depot didnt even do the cuts i had to do all the work!!

p.s home depot didnt have a licenced employee who couldn't be able to cut the wood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

are you implying that after the glue is done its ok to remove the screws??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

1-5/8" coarse drywall screws a 1/8" or #8 bit to predrill the holes and titebond 2 woodglue... be generous with the glue and space the screws no closer than 6" no farther than 10". the screws are just to hold it together while the glue dries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.