10+ year member

DC
Contents of box:

JL HD 600/4

JL HD 750/1

CarPC

MS-8

So I am debating between 2 options:

1) False floor with 4 inch raise and a semi-complex door system to keep the spare accessible. Best possible heat dispersion, but consumes a good deal of trunk spare and if any spills occur, suseptable to gear getting wet (Unlikely, but possible).

2) A 14in x 14in x 14in Box - all products would be mounted on the inside of the box on the 4 side panels, with intake fans on the 4 sides and 1 exhaust fan on the top. All fans are 160mm computer fans. Perk is, this box is effectively waterproof, as it will sit between the sub box and rear seat. This area is effectively dead space as the sub box will block it off. The ground will change from 4.5ft with false floor to about 6in.

With that said, will heat be an issue? Setup will be for music listening only. Also, the power cables will be a bit closer to the audio cables. Speaker cable is Knu KL3. and RCAs will be Knu Krystals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.