is there much difference bewteen coaxles and compnents?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DbRufus1234
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well there be alot more midbass in the components than coaxials casue i have heard some coaxials that my friends have and there is no bass at all it sound like all they have is tweeters and i hate that i want some midbass what would be the best coaxial i would get with alot of midbass? casue i dont have anywere to put components

hmm, i dont know if it can be said that comps would have more bass than coaxials. but w comps u'll have more clarity and imagening i believe.

n there's no such a thing as not having a place to put something. u can always put something anywhere in teh car, just gotta custom fabricate somethikngg.

depends on the co ax some co ax speakers are components that are center located tweeter that if you get on or slightly off axis give you better imaging than a traditional comp set

Components can take more power than coaxials, so you can dial the hipass frequency down and get more lows out of them before distorting. They're also less efficient, so an amp is required. If you're talking about running from head unit power, coaxials probably sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.