Is there any way 1 12 has more output than 3?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mfenske
10+ year member

aemracerex =POS
I feel so ashamed in even asking this but I have to. I'm looking to not spend a ton on the setup in my car since I don't seem to keep them long. Here's what I'm thinking. I may either go with 3 JBL GT-5 12's (sealed 3 cubes total) or 1 FU Audio 750 12D2 (ported about 2 cf tuned about 30hz). I'd have maybe 1,200 on tap for either setup.

Is there any way that the FU Audio plays louder/lower than the JBL's?

A stronger single 12 on a bit more juice almost certainly would be. Something like an hdc3 12 with plenty of volume and port on 15-1800w

But the fu 12...in a good box might still be louder.

Gt5s sealed all day. triple the cone area, unless your box building skills are at a competitor level with proper testing, experimentation, port tuning and loading adjustments, you arent gonna beat the 3 sealed right off the bat especially if you are tuning low to 30hz. The FUs like 33-38hz and a big box.

Im a little more optimistic. Triple the cone area, but not triple the motor force. Generally 2 sealed = 1 ported. So i dont view it as 3:1, its more like 1.5:1, and this is where the motor force will catch up. I dont even think it would take an amazing box design, just a real solid one

Im a little more optimistic. Triple the cone area, but not triple the motor force. Generally 2 sealed = 1 ported. So i dont view it as 3:1, its more like 1.5:1, and this is where the motor force will catch up. I dont even think it would take an amazing box design, just a real solid one
the GT5s arent exactly slouches with their motor force either. Heard a few get pretty loud and move decent air IRL. I also know what the FU 12s can do as well because my buddy runs one on an AT 900.1 in a 2 cubic feet 33hz box. It'll take a good bit of testing for the box to work well with the car. A solid one will be semi-lackluster, we had to do a few boxes before ending up where it is currently. Cone area does really help with overall efficiency when its coupled with adequate motorforce.

Here's the gt5 12s on 400 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.