is there a sql sub out there better than the TC LMS4000?

what size box were the idq's in and how much power. That I can model and tell you the difference between the two easily lol. I'll even graph it. Anyway my setup is basically a 8 with horns, soon to be a 10, or an even higher effeciency 8, idk yet lol.

edit: I went ahead and estimated. This is teh idq's in 3.5 cubes as that's the box you said earlier for a sealed 15 so I assumed that about what you used for 3 12's. I used the 2.5 cubic foot box for the AV I discussed earlier. Power is 1000 watts to each, so apples to apples. IDQ's yellow, AV pink. The AV is a little quieter above 50hz about a decibel, not super noticeable, but gets louder below that. By 30hz, where the "lows" are on most music you've got a 3 decibel gain over the IDQ's. You also have a little less up top so that will make the bottom end more apparent. If the overall sound you want in your car is the 3 IDQ's just digging a little lower then that box should pretty much nail it right on. The AV will also have lower distortion too so that should keep it sounding just as clean or cleaner than the IDQ's. The IDQ's have an f3 at 50hz, the AV is at 35hz. Cabin gain changes those numbers, but it affects both equally since it's the same car. The AV will defintely have more bottom end presence in that box.

URL=http://img52.imageshack.us/i/finalcomparison.jpg/]
finalcomparison.jpg
[/url]

what size box were the idq's in and how much power. That I can model and tell you the difference between the two easily lol. I'll even graph it. Anyway my setup is basically a 8 with horns, soon to be a 10, or an even higher effeciency 8, idk yet lol.

edit: I went ahead and estimated. This is teh idq's in 3.5 cubes as that's the box you said earlier for a sealed 15 so I assumed that about what you used for 3 12's. I used the 2.5 cubic foot box for the AV I discussed earlier. Power is 1000 watts to each, so apples to apples. IDQ's yellow, AV pink. The AV is a little quieter above 50hz about a decibel, not super noticeable, but gets louder below that. By 30hz, where the "lows" are on most music you've got a 3 decibel gain over the IDQ's. You also have a little less up top so that will make the bottom end more apparent. If the overall sound you want in your car is the 3 IDQ's just digging a little lower then that box should pretty much nail it right on. The IDQ's have an f3 at 50hz, the AV is at 35hz. Cabin gain changes those numbers, but it affects both equally since it's the same car. The AV will defintely have more bottom end presence in that box.

URL=http://img52.imageshack.us/i/finalcomparison.jpg/]
finalcomparison.jpg
[/url]
mine were the old idq's without the quick connects. they were powered by a dls a6(1200 watts @ 1ohm) from what i hear the new idq's play lower. the box i had was 1 cubic ft. per sub...3 ft

it was also in a silverado with the back seat taken out.

where in the hell is there a link for the av15? i looked on ae's site but i dont it on there. where can you buy them. this is a hard sub to find. i see all kinds of threads but no websites that sells them. it's not on AE's website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Tell me what you think "SQL" means, because it does not exist. Sound Quality Loud is in your dictionary? It sure isn't in mine.

The enclosure and installation will play a much larger role in sub bass response than driver selection.

Tell me what you think "SQL" means, because it does not exist. Sound Quality Loud is in your dictionary? It sure isn't in mine.
The enclosure and installation will play a much larger role in sub bass response than driver selection.

fvck you dumbass and stop thread jacking. we all know the sql quote has been went over a thousand different times in just about every car audio forum. duran=fail

GTFO!!!!

SQ Level??? Yeah some drivers just are just spl based like the DDZ series

I chose the ccs sdx15 over the tempest x, I wonder if you should also consider that sub, or if I should consider the tempest instead lol. go to ae website, and click "store" to see the sub

yeah the AV's dont' show up on the main page. Go to the store and they are in there though. Not a hard sub to find persay. Just no dealer network and Johns site isn't the complete. Anyway if it was a different vehicle than what you have now then the comparision becomes less vailid. Either way a passive radiator setup would be what I would suggest since you'll get the output of a ported box, but withou the port noise. You just need to figure out what kind of tuning you want.

The CSS SDX is a nice driver. If you live in canada it's a great choice as Solen's plant is there so you dont' pay massive shipping fee's. On paper alone it seems like a better driver than the tempest X, but I remember someone oh HT shack tested it pretty extensively on a klippel and it didn't make label claims.

yeah the AV's dont' show up on the main page. Go to the store and they are in there though. Not a hard sub to find persay. Just no dealer network and Johns site isn't the complete. Anyway if it was a different vehicle than what you have now then the comparision becomes less vailid. Either way a passive radiator setup would be what I would suggest since you'll get the output of a ported box, but withou the port noise. You just need to figure out what kind of tuning you want.
The CSS SDX is a nice driver. If you live in canada it's a great choice as Solen's plant is there so you dont' pay massive shipping fee's. On paper alone it seems like a better driver than the tempest X, but I remember someone oh HT shack tested it pretty extensively on a klippel and it didn't make label claims.

is there a difference between the av15 and the av15X?

The AE AV12 I'm using now is by far the cleanest sub I have heard. I loved my Mag V4, but the AV12 absolutely destroys it in terms of SQ, much cleaner and more defined low end and blends better up top, which I honestly didn't think was possible until I heard the AV12 compared to the Mag. Like I said, the Mag was an amazing sub but the AV is just that much better IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.