Is there a problem here....Advice needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

SundownSt.Ario

CarAudio.com Newbie
bc
I have been slowly gathering and preparing an install in my wagon and i want a bit more out of it this time, than the budget system i had in my old wagon (rear ended)

Basically it's not that serious;
Kenwood double din and a kenwood 8" powered enclosure

Myquestion lies in the rest of my system and that i may have bought the wrong amplifier ?
Edit:
5.25" Polk MM522 @ 80W RMS each
Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS V.3 @ 125W RMS each
Also have some Kicker 3.5" in the dash rated 15-50W RMS
powered by a
Sundown SAEv3-400.4 D class 4 channel
  • 400 x 4 @ 2 ohms RMS
  • 250 x 4 @ 4 ohms RMS
  • 1 OHM Stable

Will i need another amp in place of this one, or can they be wired some way that the amp does not output as much power....i am deaf i play **** loud a lot of the time,

Last edited:
I have been slowly gathering and preparing an install in my wagon and i want a bit more out of it this time, than the budget system i had in my old wagon (rear ended)

Basically it's not that serious;
Kenwood double din and a kenwood 8" powered enclosure

Myquestion lies in the rest of my system and that i may have bought the wrong amplifier ?
Edit:
5.25" Polk MM522 @ 80W RMS each
Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS V.3 @ 125W RMS each
Also have some Kicker 3.5" in the dash rated 15-50W RMS
powered by a
Sundown SAEv3-400.4 D class 4 channel
  • 400 x 4 @ 2 ohms RMS
  • 250 x 4 @ 4 ohms RMS
  • 1 OHM Stable

Will i need another amp in place of this one, or can they be wired some way that the amp does not output as much power....i am deaf i play **** loud a lot of the time,

I’m thinking there’s couple of options.
1 you can use this amp. You’ll need to adjust the gain down to match the speaker RMS.
2 Sell the amp you have and get another. My thoughts a 4X40 or 4X 50 would work. Get it set to give clean sound. No distortion or clipping.

I've got a more fun idea.

Those polks are rated at 100-300w
MM522 5.25" Coaxial Speakers | Car & Marine | Polk Audio™

Those polks should be able to handle 250W, and you could always dial it in or a hair down with a multimeter.

Then all you need is a SECOND SET of sundown audio components, and run em in series parallel

So two channels at 250w RMS for the polks (which is on the high end of what they are rated, but they are rated for it), and you would have be 250w / 2 sets = 125w x 4 sides / 4 component sets.

Your 3.5" can be powered by the head unit. I wouldn't worry about those.

If you can sell your amp, you could probably pay for another one, but there isn't going to be a good amp to run both of those sets of speakers. My way is probably the cheapest, and most fun lemonade you can make, with where you are at right now.

Is series parallel for a set of components going to be in mono or stereo?

Last edited:
I've got a more fun idea.

Those polks are rated at 100-300w
MM522 5.25" Coaxial Speakers | Car & Marine | Polk Audio™

Those polks should be able to handle 250W, and you could always dial it in or a hair down with a multimeter.

Then all you need is a SECOND SET of sundown audio components, and run em in series parallel

So two channels at 250w RMS for the polks (which is on the high end of what they are rated, but they are rated for it), and you would have be 250w / 2 sets = 125w x 4 sides / 4 component sets.

Your 3.5" can be powered by the head unit. I wouldn't worry about those.

If you can sell your amp, you could probably pay for another one, but there isn't going to be a good amp to run both of those sets of speakers. My way is probably the cheapest, and most fun lemonade you can make, with where you are at right now.

Is series parallel for a set of components going to be in mono or stereo?
I think the task of adding an additional set of components into a car would prove quite the chore and with unexpected results too, i dunno bout that

Kinda annoyed these components are not going to jive with all the power.
Maybe i should add to this all another amp
I have a hertz HCP 4 tht could do the components perhaps???
This is crazy now lol

I’m thinking there’s couple of options.
1 you can use this amp. You’ll need to adjust the gain down to match the speaker RMS.
2 Sell the amp you have and get another. My thoughts a 4X40 or 4X 50 would work. Get it set to give clean sound. No distortion or clipping.
way underpowering these speakers with those numbers

Use the amplifier you have to run 2 channels on the Polks at a minimum and 2 channels on the S.down 6.5s and either run the 3.5s off the HU with a bass blocker or dont even put those in. Thats what i would do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...