Is pride audio a good speaker brand for loudness and quality sound?

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're probably the same exact stuff built in the same Chinese factory. Consider the quality of the dealer from whom you plan to buy them and how likely they are to give you support and service after the sale if anything goes wrong.

Pride subs are beasts, this S5-18 is probably 130lb and did 151.7 at 28hz in a Ford Ranger before the vehicle got destroyed in an accident. All it had was a 4K on that 7500rms sub btw.

I never got to hear it but word is it was tearing the vehicle apart. As far as being a Sq sub you may want to look elsewhere. I believe the thing cost like 2K+ as well so there's that too... :LOL:

I thought Pride and Def Bonce were from the same company.
But I was thinking Pride was a little better? Stronger, louder?
not the same company but can say that deaf bonce is more popular than pride and their quality also are great. to note that am running 4 DB apocalypse ARNOLD midrange. they are ******* loud and clear.

Pride is definitely its own company. No affiliation to DB. The subs are geared more towards SPL/Demo type stuff. Not really an SQ company, but all of the subs I have ran, sounded great on normal music.( as usual, the enclosure plays a big part here) The mids are good quality, and sound great, but again, not necessarily an SQ speaker. They are crystal clear and loud, when installed/ran correctly. I have been extremely happy with all of the Pride Audio equipment that I have owned/ran.
If you want great sounding mids and highs, at a decent price point, look into CDT Audio ...

Steve Meades Pride subs just died. said hes had them for 5 years

fwiw, ive had my RE SE for about 14 years. still looks brand new. same with my Alpine 9887 and my Oz speakers
Yeah but Steve meade doesn't mind pushing a sub well past its limits. I'm pretty sure you're not maxing your subs out giving demos.

Yeah but Steve meade doesn't mind pushing a sub well past its limits. I'm pretty sure you're not maxing your subs out giving demos.

nah, youre not wrong. this is what he said tho...

"a sad day for these subs. They been acting up lately so we took them out for inspection. A broken set of tinsel’s (one on each sub) and some CA glue failure at the spider🤷‍♂️ Still one of my favorite subs of all time so i ain’t hating….but i didn’t expect that. Only has a 2500w amp on each one and wired up at 2ohms and doesn’t typically get beat on very hard for very long. They sounded ******* amazing while they were alive though for 5+ years! 🔊🔊. Oh well. On to something else"

nah, youre not wrong. this is what he said tho...

"a sad day for these subs. Only has a 2500w amp on each one and wired up at 2ohms. They sounded ******* amazing while they were alive though for 5+ years! 🔊🔊. Oh well. On to something else"
Underpowering subs and relying on the subs to withstand abuse catches up with you. Would you put a 2.5K amp on a Zv5 sundown at 2 ohms?
Either feed them clean power or expect to clip a bit when searching for that little bit extra. 5yrs?.. they sound very durable to me.

Pride is definitely its own company. No affiliation to DB. The subs are geared more towards SPL/Demo type stuff. Not really an SQ company, but all of the subs I have ran, sounded great on normal music.( as usual, the enclosure plays a big part here) The mids are good quality, and sound great, but again, not necessarily an SQ speaker. They are crystal clear and loud, when installed/ran correctly. I have been extremely happy with all of the Pride Audio equipment that I have owned/ran.
If you want great sounding mids and highs, at a decent price point, look into CDT Audio ...
dont have such brand here. we have deaf bonce, hertz, pioneer, JBL, Focal, Alpine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...