Is pride audio a good speaker brand for loudness and quality sound?

Underpowering subs and relying on the subs to withstand abuse catches up with you. Would you put a 2.5K amp on a Zv5 sundown at 2 ohms?
Either feed them clean power or expect to clip a bit when searching for that little bit extra. 5yrs?.. they sound very durable to me.

Funny you mention this. I been running a single Nightshade 12 at 2 Ohm on ~3k for 21 months now (though not always at that wattage). Just pulled it to inspect and, low and behold, the terminals are coming apart. This sub has been through some **** though. I try to immediately catch clipping, subsonic issues, below-tune playing, etc, but sometimes the sub eats it for a few seconds.

Pride subs are nasty 5 inch voice coils they just cost too much as far as sq speakers I'm not sure haven't seen any but I've been in 2 different builds with their 15s and both hit hard.

5" coils? Good lord. That's gotta be some moving mass right there. I guess there's no reason you couldn't run one of those on a humongous amp at high impedance within it's linear response range but...yeah not exactly "sound quality first."

The UFO and S5 series are both 5" coil subs, and of course not aimed at SQ. They both utilize a full carbon cone and cap with a kevlar vc former, so MMS isn't horrible. And they actually don't sound bad on normal music. Mine is a daily, and I listen to mostly 70's - 90's hard rock and metal, and it sounds good. The ST and Sv3 are 4" coils, and are great all around subs, I really liked the Sv3 subs when I ran them. The Tv3 and MT are 3" coils and are definitely more musical than the others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...