Is my subwoofer blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The reason I was going to buy a new amp before trying to figure out the problem was because the amp is only 160 watts at 4 omhs. Im not good at math but 275+275=550 and 550 is greater than 160. lol

The reason I was going to buy a new amp before trying to figure out the problem was because the amp is only 160 watts at 4 omhs. Im not good at math but 275+275=550 and 550 is greater than 160. lol
your amp has 4 mids and highs channels that make 60 watts each and 2 subwoofer channels that make 107 watts each at 4 ohms which can be bridged to have 300 watts at 4 ohms.

That still wouldn't be enough to power the subs at a constant rate without the amp overpowering itself trying to produce that power right? Would that be why my battery level drops when the bass hits hard?

That still wouldn't be enough to power the subs at a constant rate without the amp overpowering itself trying to produce that power right? Would that be why my battery level drops when the bass hits hard?
it would drop hard because of improper gain settings. bad gain settings lead to an overdriven amp causing the signal to distort which heats up subwoofers and your amp. It'll also cause the amp to draw tremendous amounts of current leading to dimming and all other problems. Thats why setting gains properly is soo important, You can blow everything electrical related in your vehicle if you dont set it right. I'd invest in a digital multi-meter if i were you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.