Is my Kinetik HC800 Battery bad? NEED HELPP!! THANKS!

swollen_cu
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi, I have a Kinetik hc800 battery and don't know if it's really bad.

It's currently resting at 12.9 Volts which I think is good.

When I brought it to Autozone, Pepboys, and O Reileys, All 3 stores tested it and said it was a

BAD battery. The measured cca when they test it was around 230 CCA.

Is there a special way to test these batteries at the store or is it just a normal typical test.

When the stores tested it, I told them to type in 750 cranking amps.

Is that the correct way to test these kinetik batteries?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put it in my friend's car, the voltage is fine.

It's idle around 15.4 with the engine on and goes down lowest to 13 volts when

I'm using the system at full tilt. The resting voltage with the car off

of the battery by itself while disconnected is around 12.8-12.9.

I'm just wondering why they say it's bad when it looks like it works fine. Thanks

Well...i took my HC1800 to advanced...it showed as being bad...BUT they shown it as 337 CCAS @ 12.8 volts with a max of 1,000 CCAs...which I know is BS.

Guess figure out what the CCAs are supposed to be and go from their..

it sounds like its bad, but those stores use highly inaccurate battery testers because it promotes more business, however 230 CCA is well out of the error range. The one we used at the napa i used to work at was a really good one but ive been to advanced and i noticed they were using a $30 batt tester. Theyre all franchises though so it varies from place to place and it is up to the owner what to use. that is just my fyi, im not sure about agm batts but lead acid batts, if deep cycled enough the plates will shrink and you will lose CA dump capacity but as long as the plates are still in tact you wont have any voltage drop. cycle it a few more times and i bet the resting voltage will drop.

Well...i took my HC1800 to advanced...it showed as being bad...BUT they shown it as 337 CCAS @ 12.8 volts with a max of 1,000 CCAs...which I know is BS.
Guess figure out what the CCAs are supposed to be and go from their..

When Advance auto told you the battery was bad, I bet you that your battery is still good huh.

I believe that the way that these stores are testing the battery; it's wrong. They use

cheap testers. There's a correct way and method to test these kinetik batteries.

it sounds like its bad, but those stores use highly inaccurate battery testers because it promotes more business, however 230 CCA is well out of the error range. The one we used at the napa i used to work at was a really good one but ive been to advanced and i noticed they were using a $30 batt tester. Theyre all franchises though so it varies from place to place and it is up to the owner what to use. that is just my fyi, im not sure about agm batts but lead acid batts, if deep cycled enough the plates will shrink and you will lose CA dump capacity but as long as the plates are still in tact you wont have any voltage drop. cycle it a few more times and i bet the resting voltage will drop.

Do you know the correct way to test these batteries. Because I believe that they're not testing it right. The battery has only ran for 4 months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swollen_cu

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
swollen_cu
New Orleans
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date