Is my Digital Designs S2 a bad amp for subs?

justice66
10+ year member

Alright i just got back for a local car audio shop and they are telling me a couple things that sound like BS but i just wanna see what you guys think.

1. Digital Design amps don't do rated power

2. Since my amp is Class a/b it will always be clipping/ clip easily.

3. Since it is a/b it always run hot and therefore not put out rated.

4. A/B amps "can not" be used for subs. I was told a 1000rms class d will be better then 2200 a/b

5.i was also told that having too much port area will cause my amp to clip.

Im pretty sure it is all BS but this is coming from the owner so i would think some of it might be right. any input would be great thanks.-Jon

Lmao, every one of those are complete BS. DD makes some of the best amps on the market. Though I would suggest getting an m1 for subs as it's easier on your electrical system to run a class D amp vs. class A/b (class D is made specifically for subs and is more efficient).

all of that is ********. dd amps do more than rated and a/b amps sound better than class d, the a/b amp will be less efficient and it may get hot but if you feed it enough juice it will be a solid performer. every amp clips at a point as long as you stay under that point youll be fine and that dd will make 2200w before clipping if you have the electrical system to back it up. to much port will not cause clipping, but too much port can cause the sub to not load properly or cause the box to be extremely peaky. i tend to keep my slot ports in between 16-20sq inches per cubic foot you can go larger or smaller but smaller mostly results in port noise and larger starts to get too peaky.

Yeah i thought it was all BS i was just checking. i'm thinking about trying to sell the DD i'm just not sure what to sell it for and replace it with. everything is running great. my electrical is solid. i was just like where is this guy getting his info and how can i be that wrong. he was so confident that my amp was garbage.- Jon

that guy was just trying to sell u new stuff if you try and sell it on here i would sugest askung around 80% of what you paid at max cause most people on here are cheap and spend hours looking for a good deal.

really unless you wanted more power or you are trying to down size and save space i would keep that amp its solid as hell and prolly puts out close to 3k at 2ohm bridged and 14.4v

What shop was that. I might have to go see them.

Unique Auto Design

430 W 24th street

Norfolk, Virginia 23517

I just went there because one of my guys was trying to get his install financed and it sounded shady. 1300 for a farinhiet double din

that guy was just trying to sell u new stuff if you try and sell it on here i would sugest askung around 80% of what you paid at max cause most people on here are cheap and spend hours looking for a good deal.
really unless you wanted more power or you are trying to down size and save space i would keep that amp its solid as hell and prolly puts out close to 3k at 2ohm bridged and 14.4v
The guy was recomending a RF 1000. i will probally just keep the amp for now it is a monster.

Unique Auto Design 430 W 24th street

Norfolk, Virginia 23517

I just went there because one of my guys was trying to get his install financed and it sounded shady. 1300 for a farinhiet double din
yea stay away i can literally fly a farinhiet double din in and hand it to hi personally for that price

if he is looking for equipment the classifieds on here is a good place to start most of the guys on here are honest and have good feed back from past transactions just be careful and make sure to verify that they have the item and get a phone number and talk to them. paypal helps but i always talk to the person on the phone unless im the seller and ive had good results

Unique Auto Design 430 W 24th street

Norfolk, Virginia 23517

I'll go by next week. I like messing with people like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.