Is my amp dead?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Fnv5134

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just got an RF500x1d amp and kicker CompR VCWR122 sub installed in my non-ML 2006 Lexus IS250 yesterday, and afterwards the guys at the shop said theres no audio at all coming out of my car. They think they might have killed my factory amp somehow by moving it around, citing that it’s 13 years old and sometimes moving it around after it never being messed with might have killed it. However, they didnt seem 100% sure that that was the issue, so im worried because my car audio has always worked fine up until after the sub and amp installation. Luckily they are buying a new factory amp and are going to install it next week to see if it fixes it.
Does anyone have any information on this before i take it in next week? Could it be something else thats preventing my factory amp from putting out audio? I dont want to get a new factory amp installed if thats not the problem, cause my head unit and nav all work fine still.

Note: RF amp is only powering the sub, only mentioned it incase that might have something to do with it

I just got an RF500x1d amp and kicker CompR VCWR122 sub installed in my non-ML 2006 Lexus IS250 yesterday, and afterwards the guys at the shop said theres no audio at all coming out of my car.

I can't believe you actually accepted the job as done man... Idk

If you can't see that there's no audio all by yourself... I don't know how a forum will help

I just got an RF500x1d amp and kicker CompR VCWR122 sub installed in my non-ML 2006 Lexus IS250 yesterday, and afterwards the guys at the shop said theres no audio at all coming out of my car. They think they might have killed my factory amp somehow by moving it around, citing that it’s 13 years old and sometimes moving it around after it never being messed with might have killed it. However, they didnt seem 100% sure that that was the issue, so im worried because my car audio has always worked fine up until after the sub and amp installation. Luckily they are buying a new factory amp and are going to install it next week to see if it fixes it.
Does anyone have any information on this before i take it in next week? Could it be something else thats preventing my factory amp from putting out audio? I dont want to get a new factory amp installed if thats not the problem, cause my head unit and nav all work fine still.

Note: RF amp is only powering the sub, only mentioned it incase that might have something to do with it

So, who is "footing" the bill for a new factory amp? I hope not you. Worst case scenario should be, you and the audio shop each pay 50%.

I don't know who would go thru the trouble of getting a new factory amp to begin with. Prob costs just as much as an aftermarket amp. I got a few amps in my garage that are 26 years old and work/sounds just as good as the day they came out (1993).

That said, it's not uncommon for someone to make a posting about how they had something installed and doesn't sound right, got new sub/amp professionally installed and has no sounds, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.