is it recommended to use the subwoofer mode in a pioneer deh-p3500

Participant count
  • Participant list

El_dorado
10+ year member

Dallas
hey can someone explain thisto me ? I really dont understand this option ?, I'm using the front outputs for an external amp and the rear for the subs , but should I use the sub option or the normal way of usage ? not really sure what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ?

When you put it in the sub option, the only thing i notice is that you can boost either 50, 80, or 125hz. But dont take my word for it, I'm just a rookie in this game. I put my pioneer on the sub option and boost 50hz +6

I would use it if you don't need to amp rear speakers. It gives you a crossover(active i believe) that is what comes up saying 85 and what not, and you can also adjust the volume of the bass being sent out witht he +1 ,-1 etc... you can also adjust where the bass peaks if you hold down the audio button, though it gets **** confusing. Its all in the manual, so read up. And i also probably wouldn't recomend setting the bass at +6, because that is probably gonna send the hu into clipping, i know mine sounds like **** when it hits about 3.

-Jason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.