is it possible...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wils91
10+ year member

I have nor the time or resources to build my own box so on to my question. The box i have now is a dual sealed pre-fab, and each cube is 1.25cu. ft., now is there anyway to change the size of the cubes to say 1.00 cu.ft. which is what my subs call for with out building a new box, like adding bracing, or sometype of other material inside the box to make it that size or would that box be fine the way it is now?...please help me, I **** at enclosures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have nor the time or resources to build my own box so on to my question. The box i have now is a dual sealed pre-fab, and each cube is 1.25cu. ft., now is there anyway to change the size of the cubes to say 1.00 cu.ft. which is what my subs call for with out building a new box, like adding bracing, or sometype of other material inside the box to make it that size or would that box be fine the way it is now?...please help me, I **** at enclosures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
judging from the prefab box you probably don't have a really big amp, so i would just stick with the 1.25ft^3 to make up a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

stick with what you got with how it is, usually the bigger the box the better, meaning usually bigger is louder, and it's pretty much a given that bracing it or whatever is going to give minimal results, or even nonexistent audibly

2 bazooka p.miller 12's, dual 4 ohm, 300 rms....running in parallel so its gonna be a 4ohm load...i couldnt pass up $60 each, plus my brother always had bazookas and i really liked how his sounded so i figured what the hell, for what i'm doing with em its gonna be just fine.

thanks for all your input on bracing and everything guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.