Is it ok to run sub without dustcap?

I've noticed many people using glue that isn't optimal for dust caps... "hard" glues don't work the best for this.
I suggest using "Goop" from Lowes... I have NEVER had one come off glued with that and it is readily available.
The Amazing Goop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do you use the All purpose or plumbing Goop Jacob?

The Amazing Goop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Do you use the All purpose or plumbing Goop Jacob?
Stuff works pretty good but the fumes are HIGHLY toxic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Stuff works pretty good but the fumes are HIGHLY toxic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I have been thinking of grabbing some but never do.. LOL! Plumbing or All purpose?

I have been thinking of grabbing some but never do.. LOL! Plumbing or All purpose?
http://www.amazon.com/ECLECTIC-160012-3-7-Ounce-Automotive-Household/dp/B000CCID28/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1262640636&sr=8-6

One of the reviews:

This product is extremely toxic. The active ingredient, toluene, is harmful at any exposure; it penetrates deeply into the lungs and is immediately absorbed by the brain and fatty tissue. The product label only lists minor, temporary effects like headache, nausea, dizziness and watery eyes. Other toluene-containing adhesives, I discovered after my experience with this product, warn of potential damage to the kidneys, liver and immune system. And I found, through use and research, that toluene is also hazardous to the cardiovascular system. But the Amazing Goop product label is not forthcoming on these effects.
I did not know anything about the substance "toluene" when I first used this inside my car to glue up a headliner. The manufacturer is obligated to inform those who may not be acquainted with the ingredients of the real hazards of the product. At the very minimum, the company should have recommended the use of a mask when applying the adhesive; that would have given consumers a clue as to how toxic this is.

The glue creates very hazardous fumes inside the car and the glue outgases for much longer than the manufacturer claims. Anyone who applies this adhesive inside their vehicle and then uses the vehicle within weeks or longer of application will experience adverse effects of toxicity.

Exposure to this product made me feel worse than I have ever felt in my life. It does not metabolize normally; the impact lasts a long time. I never thought my lungs would return to normal, long after I had already given up using the car. The use of this product has been extremely expensive for me ... which is an understatement. Substantial monetary loss is just part of it. When a material exposure impacts one's cognitive function, it is scary.

The fact that this happened in the U.S. reveals the failure of the Consumer Product Safety Commission to adequately regulate. The European Union issued a directive that went into effect in June, 2007, which bans toluene in consumer adhesives and spray paint. Action like that needs to be taken in the U.S. Damage to human nervous system from toluene is a very serious issue. Protecting consumers from hazardous products is the not only the most ethical thing to do, it is the most cost-effective way to operate a society.

dang im in macon and soon to be back in statesboro but thanks
Cant help you with the dustcap, but I it wont hurt to run it with out until you get one. Statesboro is about 35 min from me down highway 80. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

I've noticed many people using glue that isn't optimal for dust caps... "hard" glues don't work the best for this.
I suggest using "Goop" from Lowes... I have NEVER had one come off glued with that and it is readily available.
On my 9510 the dustcap and cone ripped before the goop bond broke. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Dang flimsy paper DD dustcaps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I started using amazing goop after scottie j suggested it and have never looked back.

It is disturbing to hear about how toxic it is though. I've had that stuff all over my hands and probably breathed in a lot of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I think that grinding off CA glue is worse though. That stuff burns your eyes and throat SO BAD.

On my 9510 the dustcap and cone ripped before the goop bond broke. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Dang flimsy paper DD dustcaps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I started using amazing goop after scottie j suggested it and have never looked back.

It is disturbing to hear about how toxic it is though. I've had that stuff all over my hands and probably breathed in a lot of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I think that grinding off CA glue is worse though. That stuff burns your eyes and throat SO BAD.

x2, I used amazing goop to fix my Soundsplinter RL-p 15" when the metal cone begain to seperate from the surround, glued that mess indoors with the windows open, if I had know, I would have done it outside. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Bonds amazing though, never had a issue with it again...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.