Is bass a dying hobby?

bass is active where i live and i live near ghetto poor cities BUT!!!.... They all run JL audio and swear by it. 70% of the setups are JL audios, 20% kickers and 10% misc. Wonder how they afford the brand name W7s when they wash dishes for a living supporting kids and such... OOOH right we're paying for their welfare check...

I think it has dipped as far as mass sales but the enthusiasts are more and more abundant. ive met more and more people that actually know what theyre doing in the last few years and a few less ghetto *** systems.

If interest in bass were on the decline, auto manufacturer's would not be putting in subwoofers and time aligning factory audio systems. And... small (but high quality) aftermarket car audio companies wouldn't be popping up all over the place.

Supply follows demand in an unmolested marketplace and consumer electronics is one industry that the state has kept it's filthy hands off of, for the most part. So the aforementioned signs are signs of actual, legitimate market demand for products.

If interest in bass were on the decline, auto manufacturer's would not be putting in subwoofers and time aligning factory audio systems. And... small (but high quality) aftermarket car audio companies wouldn't be popping up all over the place.
Supply follows demand in an unmolested marketplace and consumer electronics is one industry that the state has kept it's filthy hands off of, for the most part. So the aforementioned signs are signs of actual, legitimate market demand for products.
Auto manufacturers adding factory systems and making aftermarket modifications difficult could be lowering the actual demand for aftermarket components, though. Plus the economy still isn't great.

Auto manufacturers adding factory systems and making aftermarket modifications difficult could be lowering the actual demand for aftermarket components, though. Plus the economy still isn't great.
Outside of head unit integration, manufacturers aren't making aftermarket modifications more difficult... they're making them easier. And to be sure, adding bass to a factory system that already has a speaker level signal to a subwoofer isn't hard at all.

But that is all minutia. The thing to look at is the startups in the aftermarket bass niche and the demand for high quality sound systems. The former are in ready supply even though the economy is in the gutter and, the latter is being responded to by manufacturers.

That would not be happening if demand were on the incline.

Seems to be dead around here... I never hear bass and NEVER see a decent system let alone a system other than mine... All my friends were into it 8-10 years ago and since gotten out of it. It's nice though seeing their reactions to 5,000 rms lol

I always used to get that a couple years ago and still now, they always say bass is out with the 90's I tell them it's making a come back. The younger kids now want systems in their cars but money is an issue that why you see a lot of people with crap because prices went thru the roof on magnets so subs cost way to much anymore. I've been in it since 93 and no sign of quiting any time soon.

Skynet unleashed Personal MP3 players, smart phones, etc.... The end is near...lol

Honestly, this was one of the major factors why I shut my car audio shop down.

That's why the mobile audio industry has been focused on trying to integrate personal electronics with car systems.

People prefer small devices now.

And the poor home audio industry is what now? Talk about going out of favor.

Luckily crap headphones are not able to reproduce not just the sound but the feeeeel of bass.

I think big stereos / good bass have moved to more a purest area only.

I can never be in a car that doesn't have some type of system in it
Drives me nuts riding with my girlfriend in her PT cruiser... Not only cuz it has the shittiest sound system possible but I'm 6'6 and can't fit in the **** clown car of hers.

I will always have a good system in any car I have forever. Bass will never die for me lol I just can't live without bass. A system just isn't complete without bass it's a must have. Heck, I even have 2 10inch subwoofers in my room lol I have 2 sets of Logitech z5500 subs connected in my room

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.