Inverting Subs

I don't know much on the subject, but I have five friends who have inverted subs without a problem, three of them with the subs in there for over a few years now.

[NO]

Whoa that's new to me. Someone else tell me that's valid/invalid?
fa·ce·tious ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-sshs)

adj. - Playfully jocular; humorous: facetious remarks.

There is no difference between inverting and 'regular' mount. Only the space gained by the vd of the driver.

Jeebus

actually, the cone that connects to the voicecoil is not free anymore. that (depending on vc diamater) in^2 area where the former connects to the backside of the cone is not pushing air anymore. not a huge difference. but a difference. (most likely NOT audible in daily)

and that whole bit about aiming the subs forward to get 'the most' out of them - its utter cowpies. that is not true in any way shape or form. EVERY install is 100% its own beast and requires testing, otherwise- what worked for you - may have adverse effects for somone else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and inverting is usually for looks. i like the cone myself. but inverting is cool in certain applications - and sometimes, that .3 cubes is needed (wheelwell?) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

when u invert the su bs ur supposed to reverse the polarity of the sub OR if ur amp has a phase shift option use that.
That's only if you invert one woofer and have one "regular" mounted. If you only have one sub and invert it, you do not need to reverse the polarity. If you have two subs and you invert them both, then you do not need to reverse the polarity. If you have two subs, and one is inverted and one is not, then you DO need to reverse the polarity of one of the subs.

People think that polarity is a "right" or "wrong" situation. It's not (other than the situation I pointed out above). You honestly should try your subs both ways (reversed and normal) and see which way sounds best. There is no right or wrong...it's just whatever works best in your install.

Well this thread was educational //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I might invert the XXX for the hell of it...

At the moment im running a Obcon prefab box that is only 1.75 cu for each sub before i even install the woofer. The kicker website recommends at least 1.75 for a compact ported enclosure im running less than that if i count the room my subs take up.

So i figured inverting them would at least get me to that bottom point until i can get me a design and box made so that i can get them up to a more respectable 2.5-3.0 cubes each.

I'm running 1100wrms(for the pair) so i figure i should be getting a little more sound then im getting. At the moment i have have my seat put down and the 2 front windows down and all i can hear are highs.

Inside the vehicle i feel like the bass is nice but just not enough for what im running. I have other cars in the same household running half what i have power wise and basically they seem to have a much better bass line then me and the only thing i can think of is the box im using.

I have other cars in the same household running half what i have power wise and basically they seem to have a much better bass line then me and the only thing i can think of is the box im using.
It is the vehicle, box, settings, and equipment. That all effects the different sound.

It is the vehicle, box, settings, and equipment. That all effects the different sound.
this is very understandable but i have put this box/amp sub setup in other vehicles with the same result the subs just dont get loud as everyone tells me they should get.

Hey i have a single 12" box that is sub back port back in my trunk. If I invert the sub, do I need to turn the box around so the sub is facing back? (port firing inside cabin)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.