Interesting Problem With Jeep Radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

youngabe

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty w/Premium Sound System. (6-disc in-dash CD changer, RBQ radio) I have quite the unique observation/problem. The radio is equipped with the Radio Data System (RDS). Lately I've noticed that sometimes the radio will not receive ANY RDS information on any radio station. I'm in Pittsburgh, I'm a minor radio "buff," nearly all of our major FM stations broadcast RDS data. I know that the signals are clear enough, because when the radio is operating properly, it displays the RDS information that it is receiving. The radio has pretty much stopped receiving any RDS info. To me, this is absolutely crazy and unique. I've tested other vehicles in my own driveway and they display and receive RDS information just fine...so it's definitely something with my radio.

I don't know much, if anything about the wiring of a car radio, etc. So, my question to anyone out there that is knowledgeable, how does a typical RDS radio even receive that data? Could something on my radio be loose, could something have "broke?" It's crazy and minor, but it's bothering me because there is NO rhyme or reason for it.

Anyone? Anyone? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.