Help! my first getto noob build needs an overhual...

sleazebagger
10+ year member

nobody!!!
Madison, WI
I finally got some decent gear to work with but now that I've been browsing this site for the last couple days I realize I know squat. my goal is to obviously have good sound but I also want to get these subs hittin as hard as they can. right now its crazy loud but just doesn't seem like its seeing its full potential due to my lack of enclosure and tuning knowledge.

If you dont want to waste your time explaining some rudimentary knowledge then please refer me to the right place to obtain what I need to know. Google is my friend!

I will continue to update pics and vids as this overhaul is expedited.

Thanks in advance.

I know... this is getto as hell. I will tap that relay into the quater panel and change out this megatron for a redtop. I have a 200 amp alt that I will install soon. should I get another yellow top?

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0462-1.jpg

I love this HU as the signal distortion starts at 36 and the volume maxes at 40

DSCF0460.jpg

Will this zx600.1 be enough to run the doors?

DSCF0463.jpg

This box is to spec for these old school hcca 15d's. 3ft.^3 per side. I know I can build another that is right for this truck but whats the best method of calculating other specs that will change the shape and get the best sound?

DSCF0444.jpg

Thanks again

its not that yellowtops arent good,but for the money theres way better. so instead of dumping $200 on a yellow top look into kinetik,powermaster,deka intimidators,stinger.

1) look around the classifieds for some batteries and 1/0 wiring for the amps and to upgrade the big 3

2) find the theile/small parameters of those HCCAs along with the maxixmum space youre willing to give up, and go to the enclosures section and request a design and cut sheet(you gotta pay for it).

3)

um yea you need 0 gauge from the battery to the amp not 4g. that amp will **** those batterys down quick i would get 1 or 2 BIG batterys in the trunk and a new 1 up front. the batt under the hood is leaking.

Right on. I will pick up a second battery for the rear and get a red top for the front.

I was going to install a 200 amp alt but I found a site someone posted up on rebuilding my existing one and for 160.00 I can turn my 130amp into a 240.

Thanks for the advice. I'll post pics and updates when I finish the power upgrade and encloser.

That ma audio amp is very power hungry, it has the same board as the visonik v4000xd I used to have. I wouldn't run that ma amp untill I had atleast two nice big batts 1/0 wire and a H/O alt (everything I just listed is a must). At full tilt the ma amp will draw out 350-400 amps at 2ohm with your electrical I can see that amp going up in smoke very very soon! That's without adding the kicker amp into everything to.

Id rotate that yellow to under the hood and get 2 good size batts for the rear and scrap that tiny wire and get some 1/0. The amps are not half bad and the subs have some potential if you drop them in a better box. If you want some help with a design pm me and ill help ya out free of charge.

That ma audio amp is very power hungry, it has the same board as the visonik v4000xd I used to have. I wouldn't run that ma amp untill I had atleast two nice big batts 1/0 wire and a H/O alt (everything I just listed is a must). At full tilt the ma amp will draw out 350-400 amps at 2ohm with your electrical I can see that amp going up in smoke very very soon! That's without adding the kicker amp into everything to.
Thats insane! why would the amp " go up in smoke"?

what two batts in the back would you suggest and would a 240 amp alt do the trick? KHC1800's?

thanks much

So I've put in an order for another optima and a alt kit.

I also laid my box on its back with subs facing up and the ports are right up against the hatch window. this has dramatically changed the sound quality in respects to not only a huge increase in bass but a very nice response in the 50-100 hrz range.

I did the big three and just like themgators511 said "up in smoke"

My amp did like cheech and chong. It went into protect mode right after I did big three. I changed out the wiring from my second battery and it stopped going into protect.

Hope that fixed it

you need a pair of dekas in the back move the optima into the front section if your serious about it pm me i can get dekas to you for pretty cheap..

umm, well you obviously did something wrong lol
Perhaps, but I think the big 3 was pretty dam simple. I think the damage was done buy running the system without adequate power supply.

I can only imagine that the amps power supply was bottle necking. The strange thing is the temps were fine and there was never any dimming. hmmm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.