Installed Kappa Perfect 6.1 - Kappa four - Kappa 692.9i and having issues.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Un0RiGiNaL

I purchased

Infinity Kappa Four amplifier (125watts rms x 4 channels)

Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 (100watts rms)

Infinity Kappa 692.91 (110watts rms)

and set everything up correctly, all the wiring is done correctly. But my fronts are giving me problems. When i turn up the music really loud protect turns on my amplifier. If I set the fader on my headunit to turn the fronts down and blast my rears protect never turns on. Only for the front speakers. What is the issue? I have everything wired correctly, ive looked over it multiple times. I have no idea what it could be. Do you think i need a cap? Do you think the problem might be my amp is too powerful for my speakers? Is there anything wrong with running 125 watts RMS to speakers that only push 100 watts rms?

I have a LOT of alternator whine, I relocated my RCA cables and ran them separate from my speaker cables, my battery is in the trunk and i just bought new wiring so i know its not the issue. I changed the ground multiple times. I still dont know why the alternator is whining. I drive a MINI cooper S.

It doesn't sound like you have everything wired correctly bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Definetly wasnt an install error.. dunno, anyways.. I took the kappa perfects out a few hours ago because we just start carrying Polks at best buy (i work there, so i get huge discounts).

Bought these brand new polk DXi6500 components, theyre slim, they fit into my door panels perfectly. I dont think the kappa perfects were going to fit anyway. I just had my door panels off the whole time.

I put the dxi6500 speakers with the kappa perfect tweeters (because the tweeters are really good) and they sound VERY good. im impressed. I got the speakers for 90$ NIB.

DXi Series - Your Ride Our Sound

Do you think i should put the DXI tweeters in or keep the kappa perfect tweeters? And what do you guys think about my amp? I dont know too much about amps but is it too powerful for the speakers since it runs 125x4 rms and my speakers only do 110 and 100 RMS

the amp thing shouldnt be a problem as long as you dont run your gain all the way up. and it really sounds like you have the fronts wired at too low of an ohm load for the amp. it would be worth checking it again

how do you like the polk components?? i work at bestbuy too (Installer) and i havent heard them yet but i know we can order them for like 60$
I like them. Theyre pretty good for the money and sound pretty clear. Not as good as the kappa perfects though but still. The bass response is not bad, the speakers are ultra slim, they seem alot more durable than the infinitys.. ALOT more durable.. I might try switching the tweeters cause I have the kappa perfect tweeters still in there, but they honestly sound a little too high and ear piercing, i have my treble set to -3 on my headunit.

overall theyre pretty good speakers. im keeping them.

Oh and i have one more issue i cant seem to figure out..

this happened with my old amp (used to have a kicker zx series but i returned it) too as well as this infinity. The wiring is correct but on my headunit ONLY for the fronts if i change the balance to Right it will play the left front.. Set the balance to left it will play the right front.. what gives? The rears detect right and left fine. Ive checked the cables multiple times and rerouted them, still have no idea why its doing this..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.