Installed and ran into some problems

Asian Invasian
10+ year member

FTC
Ok so I installed my subs and amp and I ran into some problems.

The first thing is when I turn it on there is this constant high pitch but its not very loud that i hear, which I dont really think is anything. The problem I am having is with my sound quality. The music is coming out of my bass but its very quiet and sketchy so I feel that I have done something wrong on my install.

My amp is powered up because the light comes on. I think I may have installed the LOC wrong or maybe the speaker wires. The LOC basically I just shoved the wires into the preexisting stock speaker wires. The loc had the RCA cables coming out one black and one grey. Which one am I supposed to put into red and which one into White? And on how should I connect the black and grey to the amp?

The speaker wires should be simple right? You just connect it.

Any suggestions on what I should double check, or something I may have done wrong.

Please give me suggestions I have worked on this for the past couple days and I am very frusterated.

Here are a few pictures it was too dark to generate any other pictures.

Picture 1 shows my LOC and it connected to the HU, Im assuming i just plug them into the white things right? or do i need to actually connect them a different way?

Picture two shows my speaker wire hooked to my sub, speaker wire basically just has to be touching the metal right? I don't need to soder it down, or do i? When I hooked it into my box it was just touching wrapped through the matal and touching it.

Picture 3 is my ground.

Sounds like a bad ground on your amp. Where did you ground your amp at? From my experiences with LOC's is if you don't get one of quality you tend to pick up alot of noise.

I grounded it in the back of the trunk. I even sanded down to bare metal. I know my loc isn't that bad of quality not like the sound I am hearing.

I would suggest using a seat belt bolt. What kind of car? Did you just sand and ground down to the bottom of the trunk?

350z, I sanded down the paint off the metal. I don't think the ground is the problem but I will definantely take that into account.

I think the problem is the LOC. It was my first time hooking it up and I feel that was the part I did wrong of all the steps.

#1--> your ground should be to the frame, not the trunk

#2--> take pictures of your setup and post them

#3--> from what you have said, a loc is supposed to have rca out on it...so when you run the speaker level in, you plug rca out to the amp

#4--> no, you do not just plug the drivers in. you have to know the resistance of your speakers, and then properly connect them to the amp to get the correct load and power.

#1--> your ground should be to the frame, not the trunk#2--> take pictures of your setup and post them

#3--> from what you have said, a loc is supposed to have rca out on it...so when you run the speaker level in, you plug rca out to the amp

#4--> no, you do not just plug the drivers in. you have to know the resistance of your speakers, and then properly connect them to the amp to get the correct load and power.
My ground is on the frame of the trunk under the carpet.

The loc has the RCA out and it came with a wire to plug into it, the wire is black and grey, the RCA's are Red and White, so Idk which to go to which.

Its getting dark and I thought I would finish this today, ill go get some pics soon here to show you.

did you install the loc from the speakers of the car or a factory sub? if speakers.. did you run wires from both right and left to the loc? if you look at the loc with label side up and rcas facing you, the right rca is the red and the left is the white.

take pics of the LOC and the wires you are talking about. THEY SHOULD have four wires for the loc, to connect the left speaker + and - and the right speaker + and - , the rear speakers that is.

#1--> your ground should be to the frame, not the trunk#2--> take pictures of your setup and post them

I could not have said it better myself. I would re-do your ground first.

Ok so I installed my subs and amp and I ran into some problems.
The first thing is when I turn it on there is this constant high pitch but its not very loud that i hear, which I dont really think is anything. The problem I am having is with my sound quality. The music is coming out of my bass but its very quiet and sketchy so I feel that I have done something wrong on my install.

My amp is powered up because the light comes on. I think I may have installed the LOC wrong or maybe the speaker wires. The LOC basically I just shoved the wires into the preexisting stock speaker wires. The loc had the RCA cables coming out one black and one grey. Which one am I supposed to put into red and which one into White? And on how should I connect the black and grey to the amp?

The speaker wires should be simple right? You just connect it.

Any suggestions on what I should double check, or something I may have done wrong.

Please give me suggestions I have worked on this for the past couple days and I am very frusterated.
amps crossover is set to high for one. turn on the lpf and it will kill the vocals from the subwoofers. As for your noise...check the area around your ground and make sure it is part of the unified chassis. And in any install if the word shoved is used to describe how you did somethig it was done wrong. Secure that connection. Solder tape or heat shrink or something of the nature. when using an loc for subwoofers it is not going to matter what side the two rcas are connected to so do whatever is in your heart

I am so ****ing frustrated right now, Circuit city said that they have to charge me full instalation just to look at it, I guarantee its just simple plug and play that I cant figure out because Im a ****ing idiot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.