Installed a 4c hannel, speakers cutting in and out now. help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ellsworthz
10+ year member

98' firebird, sleeper ftw
so I installed an audiopipe 4 channel, and have my 6.5" comps, and 6.5" 2 ways on each channel.

everything is wired correctly, im not a noob at wiring. had the setup playing loud and sounding good for about 2 days.

now when i turn the headunit past 24 (30 is max loudness i play at) the speakers will cut in and out everying 5 seconds or so...

now this has nothing to do with RCA's i checked them all their plugged in just fine, I have an audiopipe 1500d running 2 12"s, and it never cuts off.. and i have a 0 gauge to (2) 4 gauge outputs with a distro block, so i know its not a ground issue because the sub amp keeps playing fine, and my voltage never drops below 13.1-13.2.

and they dont cutout going over bumps or anything its totally random when they cut in and out im getting frustrated and wondering if i just got a junk 4 chan?

Bump, i turned down the gains on the amp, if I have the gains set very low they wont shut off, but their about half as loud as they should be.. still having problems! help CA Forum!

sounds like your bass amp is drawing all the power at higher volumes,and pulling power away from the smaller amp .i had the same issue a while back put a relay on the remote wire that should take care or the problem, but if it doesnt you may have too add a second battery.did you do the big 3 also

sounds like your bass amp is drawing all the power at higher volumes,and pulling power away from the smaller amp .i had the same issue a while back put a relay on the remote wire that should take care or the problem, but if it doesnt you may have too add a second battery.did you do the big 3 also
see I kinda thought the same thing.. but it still does it even if I have the gain knob on the bass amp all the way down.

could it be that I have the remote wire ran from one amp to another so I didn't have to run 2 sets of remote wire? idk how it would matter but i got it running into the bass amp, than a wire from bass amp to 4chan amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.