Installation

Participant count
  • Participant list
Can someone give me the steps to install 2 subs and an amp? I have a Sony CD Player and a Rockford Fosgate 4 guage amp kit. There are 2 12" audiobahns and a legacy amp. Help me if ya can =)

1st you should get a better amp, but I will help you be able to install it.

in your amp kit there will be a thick long wire with a inline fuse (4guage power wire) this wire connects to the positive/red terminal to your battery and runs to your trunk..in the trunk it will connect to the legacy amp at the slot marked 12vlt/pwr.

2nd you should have a blue thin wire marked on it rmt or remote. That wires runs from the back of your hu where you must split the hu remote to your kit remote. Then run that to your trunk and it connects to your amp at the slot markerd rmt.

3rd you should have a set of rca cables they have 2 male plugs at each end...on the back of your head unit there will be rca slots marked they should be red and white. You plug the red cable into the red slot on the hu and the other in the other slot. In the trunk you do the same.

Is the amp a 2 or 4 channel amp? I can help more with the model number of the amp and subs?

the subs are 400watts rms at 4ohms I think maybe more, but again you need to buy a better amp...the amp you have will let your subs feel about 250shitty watts!! I will help you though cause you have it for now.....from the first channel you run 12guage wire from the positive of the amp 1st channel to the positive of the sub box or sub. and the same with the negative and the other channel..

Ok first off.... Jeremy you gav some half assed decent advice I will hand you that, but get a ****ing grip and do not knock the dudes equipment. He has it and wants to hook it up. If he gets it set up and enjoys it fine. If he gets it set up and wants somethign more let that be up to him. I am tired of seeing people slamming what everone else has. Especially when people are working hard for the little that they have. I have been there done that and it took me yers to get up to where I am now and just as proud of what I have now as what I had back then.

Alaxan,

thanks for finally saying I gave some decent advice.....As for the knocking his stuff....maybe you should remember back when you were telling me my boss amp ****** and everything else I has ******....I worked hard for that stuff, but now I finally got a better paying job and can afford the better line of car audio stuff. Im sorry though and would like to apologize!

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan Alaxan,

thanks for finally saying I gave some decent advice.....As for the knocking his stuff....maybe you should remember back when you were telling me my boss amp ****** and everything else I has ******....I worked hard for that stuff, but now I finally got a better paying job and can afford the better line of car audio stuff. Im sorry though and would like to apologize!
I never knocked your **** for the hell of it. I knocked it because of the means you said you had used to purchase it and because of yoru boasting numbers so far off the wall it was not even funny.

Alaxan,

Again im sorry. Im the same way though I was pretty satisfied with my first system consisting of 2 jensen 10's and a road gear 600watt 2 channel amp....lol

I gotta tell you though on ikesound.com they are having a sale.....big time they are selling infinity betadigital100 2 channel amps for 100$ they retail at 600$ you are saving 500$ im gonna pick 2 of them up hopefully....

Thanks bronco your right.....

4th in your kit there should be a black wire about 3ft long that is your ground wire...it goes to the slot on the amp marked grd.....I suggest you find a screw with a washer on your trunk floor and hook the ground wire there metal to metal, if there is any rubber cut it away so the ground is flush with metal.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.