Installation help.. Alpine KTU-445U to: Pioneer AVH X2700BS RCA's/or speak wires

Participant count
  • Participant list

stringpickin

Hey and good day. I am getting conflicting information and thought I would ask for some help here. I appreciate your time and help very much.. thank you.

I am installing a new Pioneer AVH X2700BS head unit.. and putting an Alpine KTU-445U mini amp behind it..

I have been told a couple different stories. Some say Hook up the Pioneer to the Alpine via the RCA outputs(4V)..But someone else said NO, because that is a pre-amped signal and you don't want that to go into the Alpine.. but I aks isn't the speaker wires out also pre-amped and how much?

Others have said hook up the Alpine by cutting off the RCA jacks on the Alpine harness and use the Speaker Wire harness out of the Pioneer to connect to the Amp.. (saying the signal and power will be higher at that point). Thus giving more power and better sound to the system.

Thus my confusion.. Can anyone help me with a clearcut absolute on this issue.. Thank you...

You can cut the rca's on that amp and use it as a high level input amp. They designed it for factory integration and most factory hu's don't have rca output. That being said, a 4v signal is plenty to push that amplifier. Just use the rca's and you will be happy.

Oh yeah - Properly pre-amped signals are typically a good thing. Think of DSP's and EQ's.

Hey, thank you.. couple questions.. but first you say the 4V outputs plenty, and then you are saying they are stable as well.. Does that mean the speaker wire would not be stable or as stable..?

I don't mind the extra work(cutting soldering) if I will get something for it...

What is your guess on how much hotter is the speaker output of the amp?

thanks

Low-Level & Speaker Level Inputs: The Alpine KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack includes a 5.5" low-level/speaker-level input harness. The harness features a proprietary 10-pin connector on one end that plugs into the KTP-445U and two pair of stereo RCA inputs that connect to your source unit's front & rear RCA outputs using a pair of stereo RCA cables (sold separately). If your source unit is not equipped with RCA outputs and only features speaker-level outputs, then you can cut off the included low-level/speaker-level input harness' RCA connectors (or use the optional Speaker Wire to RCA Adapters) and connect the KTP-445U to your source unit's front & rear speaker outputs.

Note: You will need to connect the amplifier's remote turn-on lead wire (blue/white) to your source unit's remote turn-on lead when connecting the KTP-445U via Low-level (RCA). You do not need to connect the remote turn-on lead wire when connecting the amplifier via speaker-level input, because the speaker-level inputs are auto-sensing.

Thank you Keep!!! I was just reading my manual and getting a bit confused over that issue of the low level.. so coming back and reading what you said clarified it for me.. Still have yet to determine if my power circuit for the stereo is 15 amp or not.. I have been thinking about bypassing that anyway and connecting it to my ac side of the ignition so I can listen to the radio with the rest of the truck shut down... Don't know for sure if I will have to go to the fuse block to get that power or if I can grab it off of a harness up in there somewhere.. Unreal how many little things there are to an upgrade like this.. Kind of amazing when you think about the guys at Best buy and etc. that can knock out an install on these in a couple hours.. nothing like having done it once before, let alone 50 or a hundred.. however, their installs are never (painstakenly done).. they do what they have to do to get it done and move on.. lol..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.