install prices

gummi217

NY/CA
i am planning out a system that i am going to be putting into a 02 jetta that i am getting in a couple of months. i was originally going to do the install myself but it would be my first install and i don't want to mess up a brand new car. so i think i am going to have it professionaly done. two questions:

1) i am planning on purchasing most of my stuff from etronics.com, and i was wondering how most places would feel about just doing the install, w/o me purchasing everything from them.

2) secondly, i wanted to know a ballpark figure of how much this install would cost.

blaupunkt austin head unit

infinity kappa 652.5 for front and rear

infinity kappa perfect 10" sub

jbl 600.1 amp

and 1 possibly 2 amps for the fronts, and rears.

thanks a lot

1) places wouldnt care, just as long as you pay them for the install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2 )here in canada, these are local install prices.

Decks: 60

Basic 2 chan amp: 50

4chan amp: 60

Speakers/Subs: 60

Good luck, most places around were I am from won't install unless you bought it from them. Find an Indavidual that you can trust that knows his stuff, most of them will do it little to nothing just becuase that is what they like to do...

i'm going to be doing this in southern california, around la.(i'm located in ontario which is about 40 minutes east of la). does anyone know of any good shops around there

and no i do not have a box yet, but i was leaning towards a sealed box, any suggestions.

thanx

gummi, on the box, unless you're a basshead, go to Crutchfield.com and you can buy a contoured sub box for your trunk already built. They're cheap and they leave a lot of room in your trunk, plenty for golf clubs. You can put that in yourself. Crutchfield is a great source for help and info on any install. Yours seems pretty basic. I would try it if I was you. If you need any questions answered on your install Crutch has people a phone call away, plus you learn as you go.

go sealed, and design the thing to fit snugly against the back wall so that you ahve tons of room still for your cargo..

even awedge box or something like that, something that will not take up ton o room and still give the woofer its recommeneded air sapce...

try not to go prefab...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gummi217

gummi217
NY/CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Wonderbread