Install help.

NoChance
10+ year member

I'm going to be running 2 amps. Nine.1 & Zapco iForce 250.

I've got a 4 gauge kit that's going to replace my current setup, I've also got better RCAs. These are both connecting to the Nine.1.

Now for the Zapco. This is where I need help...

I get a distribution block (fused or regular?), and T-connect the Zapco with 8 gauge. Now can I pick up a smaller set of RCAs and connect them from the Nine.1 to the Zapco, instead of running a whole new set? The amps will be like 2 feet apart tops.

Now if I can do that, does it mean I only have to run the remote wire from the Nine.1 to the HU?

Lastly, the components. I know the wire goes from the amp to the crossovers. But that's all. Do I use the factory wire inside the door for the 6.5" and the other connectors from the crossover for the tweeter?

Any help would be great!

if u run one remote wire back there for 2 amps i would put a relay on it to boost it up.(wellthats the right thing to do according to ohms law) but its up to you,i always boost it up when ui do a 2 or more amp setup for customers,also on thewiring,youll haveto take ohms law again,how far the run is,total rms to calculate whatguage wire to run from the battery,and then to the 2 amps,i know i dont like my amps to cut off due to lack of power,well just look into it,and as far as rcas,you can use the pre outs on one an=mp to run to the inputs on the other amp,if its 2 sub amps,if its aamp for ur highs and one for lows,run a new set,will sound better,dont be lazy,that way you can control everything from your headunit.

if u run one remote wire back there for 2 amps i would put a relay on it to boost it up.(wellthats the right thing to do according to ohms law) but its up to you,i always boost it up when ui do a 2 or more amp setup for customers,also on thewiring,youll haveto take ohms law again,how far the run is,total rms to calculate whatguage wire to run from the battery,and then to the 2 amps,i know i dont like my amps to cut off due to lack of power,well just look into it,and as far as rcas,you can use the pre outs on one an=mp to run to the inputs on the other amp,if its 2 sub amps,if its aamp for ur highs and one for lows,run a new set,will sound better,dont be lazy,that way you can control everything from your headunit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the gauge of the wire has nothing to do with the 'rms', but rather the current draw?

Well I have 2 RE SE 12's powered by the Nine.1

I've got Boston Acoustic S60 components that the Zapco will power.

I'm planning on taking out the back speakers.

So I figure a distribution block, 6ft RCA wires, 10ft of 8 gauge. I know I don't need 10 ft but its so cheap I'd like to get extra in case I goof somewhere.

Was I right about installing the components though? I want to make sure they dont run off the HU.

I'll probably wait for some more replies to guide me in the right direction, and place the order over the weekend.

Well I have 2 RE SE 12's powered by the Nine.1
I've got Boston Acoustic S60 components that the Zapco will power.

I'm planning on taking out the back speakers.

So I figure a distribution block, 6ft RCA wires, 10ft of 8 gauge. I know I don't need 10 ft but its so cheap I'd like to get extra in case I goof somewhere.

Was I right about installing the components though? I want to make sure they dont run off the HU.

I'll probably wait for some more replies to guide me in the right direction, and place the order over the weekend.

More than likely, the comp set will come with new wires. Use them, and re-run them. I have always followed that example.

You are right. Amp - crossover - tweeters

- mids

rule of thumb, I find that tweeters are best mounted pointing towards the driver, in a higher place than about mid-door.

I actually have mine mounted flush in the top part of my door panel.

Yeah I got a lot of wire with them. It's still all rolled up, but I want to say about 20-25 feet. My Jeep leaves very little room on the doors for tweeters. I've been checking out CarDomain, and most Jeep owners have them placed about 3 inches above the speaker grill.

Stupid question.... It's 2 1/4" for the flush mount. So I'd just get a 2" drill bit for the hole? The last thing I want is a hole thats too big in my door.

Yeah I got a lot of wire with them. It's still all rolled up, but I want to say about 20-25 feet. My Jeep leaves very little room on the doors for tweeters. I've been checking out CarDomain, and most Jeep owners have them placed about 3 inches above the speaker grill.

The closer they are to the mid, the worse the SQ, as a general rule...

Another thought may be the A pillar.

If anyone else cares to spit some feedback, feel free!

I like that idea better than drilling into my door panel.

I can use the surface mounts and screw them at the top near the visors. They'd be out of the way, and they'd be facing a little bit downward to me and the passenger. The only drilling I would have to do would be a hole about the width of a pencil just to run the wires through from the tweeter.

well if you know anything of sq,rule is the tweet should not be mounted no farther away than the size of the mid.as for your wire question,well,lets see.if your amps are pulling to much current,from the guage wire,it heats up,and will melt the fuse holder.its like having a big container filled with water,drill a small hole and the water flows out slow,drill a bigger hole and it flows faster ,that is why you need all the factors to figure out the wire guage,didnt mecp training teach you that?im only on my gold level certification.(master installer)well i guess ohms law has changed.

can be where you have enough mounting space but keep in mind to not place them more than 6.5 inches away from the mid ,if you have 6.5 components,just food for thought look at all the demo cars,tweets are close to the mid,and no farther away than the size of the mid. when they are farther apart you effect the sound waves more than helping it.so rule is keep it close to the mid.it also says that in the mecp books as well.

Ok... I found a spot, its a little area right on the door that's right under the glovebox when the door is closed. The surface mount fits perfectly, and its only a few inches from the speaker. The drivers side has one as well, and its lined up right near the trunk release. They aim inward, and I could aim them up as well.

How would this be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.