Install Edge Line Driver?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It is a Rockford company. I buy a lot of parts (bell caps, wire, zip ties, fuse holders, etc) from them. Their stuff is great.

But, I'd be nervous about a $12 line driver.

Why do you need a line driver?

Here is the scenario: My Panasonic headunit has 3 preamp outs. One is a subwoofer out and has a lowpass filter (set at 80hz in my case) and 2 others, front and rear. The front and rear outputs are subject to the highpass filter, also part of the headunit. I like to keep it at 90hz just to prevent damage to my door speakers, and to keep them sounding clean at high volumes. I am trying to run 2 sub amps for 4 12's, and one other amp for my tweeters. Neither of my sub amps (MTX MXA6001 and an Alpine MRP-M350) have RCA outs. Therefore, I am spliting the RCAs from the headunit right before the amps with Y-connectors. Everywhere I have read says that using the Y's will result in splitting the voltage and giving each amp a less powerful, less clean signal. I want to put the line driver at the end of the RCA preamp outs, and it should boost the signal going to the Y-connecters. That is why I NEED a line driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jimmclrk1

10+ year member
Weh mah Savage?
jimmclrk1
The charming city of Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date