Install Complete not without some issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

hairbandlover
10+ year member

AC/DC RULES
So a buddy and I installed a complete system in my 2000 Nissan Sentra yesterday. Of course it came with some complication. Had to build up the front doors because of the window hitting the speaker. (According to car Man. & speaker Man.) it should have fit as is. Also found out the hard way there wasnt enough room behind the A pillar cover to flush mount the tweeters. (Really no where to mount in door) So for now they stuck on the A pillar with 2 sided tape. The other downer is the fact that my head unit only has preouts for fronts and sub so I had to split the RCA outs in order to amp up the back coaxials for fill which then inturn took away my ability to use the fader on the deck I had to adjust with the Amp gain. So then it came time to tune it and rock it and the Alpine amp kept going into safety mode, grrrrrrr the specs say it is rated for a 2 or 4 ohm sub NOT the impedance was to low at 2 ohms, once I took the jumper off and went back to a 4 ohm the system rocked now its just a matter of adjusting freq and filters to my liking, it is a bit bright but only on certain genres. I will say I am ABSOLUTLELY impressed with the CDT co axial rear fill speakers they sound great.

Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-P6700MP

Amp- Alpine- PDX-5

Components- Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5

Co Axials- CDT Audio 6.5

Sub- RE Audio SRX 10" (Sealed)

How did you alter your sub wiring from 2ohms to 4ohms? The SRX is either a dual 2 or dual 4 ohm driver, you should not be able to remove a jumper and go from 2 ohms to 4. Did you verify impedance with a DMM? I suspect you have a dual 2ohm sub that you initially wired to 1ohm mono, which would push the amp into protect mode without a doubt.

The vendor offered the sub as a dual 4 ohm when I purchased it I ask them to wire it up as a dual 2 ohm which they did by putting speaker wire from one coil to the other which I removed. At least thats how I understand it. But then again I found out the hard way today all speakers should be broke in for 12 to 18 hrs before going over 50% volume. I seemed to damage one of the CDT Coaxials this morning by rockin out to ACDC Ride on. SO now I have to send the damaged one to CDT to get a replacement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hairbandlover

10+ year member
AC/DC RULES
hairbandlover
laporte indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date