Car stereo inline fuses. Are they necessary?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kyrk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greece
Hello, I want to replace my car stereo with a new one. My old one had some inline fuses as shown in the attached picture (inline fuses in the blue wire 0.5A, in the yellow 1A and a filter fuse box for the power 7A). I recon these where there to protect the stereo itself and not the wiring since they are located after the wiring harness. Do I need to worry about the when installing a new unit (such as a philips ce235bt), newer stereos have fuses on them, some have one fuse and others have two in the rear of the unit, would these suffice for this application?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

You can go to theyre Website and check it out/do some research on your own, or even give them a call
It should be called the accessory wire...it should be connected so that it only see power when the car is on...if its connected to constant power...
Unless Android made some big changes to their core program, it should work just fine. Just like using a 4g phone on 5g sevice.
If the original plugs have been cut off, you may want to get some from a wrecked car. You could also search online for a radio pin-out for said model.

About this thread

Kyrk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kyrk
Greece
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from