Infinity vs. Polk

Participant count
  • Participant list

smokeoff
10+ year member

here's my 3 cents
Cambria,WI
Wich brand would you go with. I am looking at the infinity referance 5.25 or the polk EX3 5.25 comps up front. I can get the polks cheaper by about $30 if that makes a differance. And I will also only be running them off of my deck, 22rms 50 peak, for now til I can afford an amp.

Would I be better off just putting some 5.25" speakers in the front and in the rear deck. If so should I go with Infinity, polk, rockford, alpine, Jbl, kicker, or pioneer.

How much are you paying for them? I would personally go w/the infinity's because all the ones I've had in the past have sounded GREAT. Check ebay, I almost guarantee you can get them for less.

Must likely will get them from crutchfield or circuit city. I like to have the warrenties and tech support. Most are between $50 - $100. I believe the Polk EX3?? 5.25" is the cheapest.

I have the polk EX3's in my car and I am fairly happy with them(they will be getting replaced with a comp set soon). The tweeter on them is very crisp and not too harsh. I personally prefer it over the infinity tweeter in the reference series. My only gripe about them would be that they lack a little in the midbass department.

Don't get those Polks you were looking at! They sound like $h1t ! My Polk DX^ Coaxil speakers sound even better. I went with the MM6's and those sound like what I expect Polk speakers to sound like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.