Infinity Reference 1030w

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im not a big expert of car audio but there is no way in hell you are going to get an amp and a sub thats actually worth a **** for 150 bones. Infinity is a sound quality woofer, yet a very durable one. That sub is only 250 RMS...you can get a pretty nice amp to power that for 150 bucks. Plus you have wiring and a box to buy/build. If I am wrong...somebody please correct me.

Im using the 150 to purchase just the sub and amp, wiring is going to be around 20 bucks of ebay and then the box itself, well now that i know is going to cost some good mula.

My friend has a 92 Mitsubishi Eclipse and he doesn't want anything that will take up trunk space. So im working on trying to draw a box that will act as the little carbord cover that the car has over the trunk, obviously that means replacing a couple of things as well. Then we must find a place that will make it for him.

Here is a Really rough drawing to get me started:

attachment.php

cool box idea, provided everything is correct. seems very easy also, why have someone do it for you?

thats a decent driver.

Your right i could build the box myself, but i still need somebody to do all the calculations for me.

But there are certain specs that i would like, the box to have, and im afraid that SQ will be sacrafised in order to meet these;

1. I would like to make the box tuned between 28-50Hz

2. I want it to take the place of the cardboard cover that the car has to cover whats in the trunk. so dimensions are important.

3. Don't want it to be too deep.

Some how i don't think that i can acheive all of these i know that inorder to get one i must sacrafise (can't spell) another.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.