In process of an extensive 16' Ram 2500 Mega Cab Audio Build...anyone done one?

You "have" or "have not" found a lot of big audio builds in one tons?
I have not found many.   Was looking for Ford Super Duty ideas when I did my brother's F250 a year or so ago and there was almost nothing beyond Best Buy tier upgrades.   Really the stock head unit in his '17 F350 is so deeply integrated with everything else we haven't even made a move at that yet.

There's an older F350 up my way with a decent 6th order wall, but that's the only big truck build I've seen, and like you, found nothing in current models.

Yeah I have found a lot of builds in a 2500 mega cab but always the older generation trucks that the seats do not fold flat all the way to the floor when you fold them down..... haven't found anything substantial in the 4th gen Mega cabs.... I'm definitely going to look into a back seat swap if it is possible because I hate that the seats fold all the way flat to the floor because if I had the 3rd gen mega cab backseat they fold flat but there is still like 10 in of space underneath the seats which would be perfect for mounting my DSP and my 3 amps....

And yes my stock Uconnect 8.4 nav unit is deeply integrated into my truck as well....had to use a PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 integration module to get the channels I needed for the amps, keep my steering controls and other Factory controls and just to retain the damn VOLUME control LOL....

I have custom Tweeter pods and mid-range pods mounted on my a-pillar at dash level and have just disconnected the two flat factory dash speakers at either corner of the windshield.... I had to retain the center channel speaker and I just upgraded it with a Infinity reference speaker because that is the speaker that the truck sends all of the warning Chimes for the front and rear sensors as well as the nav and speed warnings, which I wanted to retain.... was a pain in the ass to get wired in but I kept all factory features, warnings, and sounds.  

Really waiting on someone to chime in about mounting amps on top of the box..... I'm sure I can Fab up a nice looking amp rack out of MDF and acrylic and throw some lights in it but I'm also looking for someone to talk me out of mounting them on the box LOL..... and then point me in a direction on what in the hell to do with their big asses....

Holy crap!  Looking nice.  I can't help with the amp mounting question, but it's looking very nice so far.  From one Ram owner to another...Good job!  

Late reply but thanks man......got more pictures and updates on my truck but it kind of got put on hold due to a customer coming in the shop with a Chrysler 300 show car and wanting to drop about 20 grand in audio equipment and fabrication so been busy with that but fixing to be done and starting on my truck build again.

20190216_103657.jpg

20190307_224621.jpg

20190315_081042.jpg

20190324_224849.jpg

20190324_225121.jpg

20190302_005159.jpg

20190302_163156.jpg

20190311_225912.jpg

20190311_225917.jpg

20190312_015136.jpg

20190315_061533.jpg

20190309_225320.jpg

20190228_054706.jpg

20190228_064738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Claiming you cant put something somewhere due to X reason is bosh. You can make a little shelf to elevate the components over top the AC ducts and retain them.

Its laid, not layed.

you apparently dont know the dimensions of the amps im running and the space to work with....and your logic is hogshit...just because something "can" be done doesn't mean it "should" be done....but i appreciate the useless comment and spelling correction 👍👍

you apparently dont know the dimensions of the amps im running and the space to work with....and your logic is hogshit...just because something "can" be done doesn't mean it "should" be done....but i appreciate the useless comment and spelling correction 👍👍
Want me to find a vid with a QC install where the amps are under the front seats? Itll be easy.

Beautiful work man! I have a 2015 Ram and although I am not much help when it comes to the 2500 Mega as I have the little brother in the 1500 Crew, I can attest to the fact that putting in an active system with DSP and 2 - 10's is a royal P.I.T.A!!!

Beautiful work man! I have a 2015 Ram and although I am not much help when it comes to the 2500 Mega as I have the little brother in the 1500 Crew, I can attest to the fact that putting in an active system with DSP and 2 - 10's is a royal P.I.T.A!!!
Thanks buddy....hopefully I can get back on my truck soon and get it all figured out.  And yes you are definitely right about it being a pain in the ass, I bet even more so in a 1500 without the extra cab space....but at least you can utilize under your backseat whereas I cant.....

Want me to find a vid with a QC install where the amps are under the front seats? Itll be easy.
why yes!!  if you can find a video or pictures of 2 IA 4 channels and an IA Monoblock under the front seats of a 2500 Dodge im all for it.....but I wont hold my breath as doing that would either hinder seat movement, hinder the AC ducts in the floor under the seat, or at the least be an issue in the winter with heat from the seat warmers that definitely put out on these trucks.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.