In need of a true audio guru! HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Anderson

Mass
Okay bare with me here..

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima, it came factory settings, no radio. The wires for the speakers are prewired but there are only speakers in the front.

I purchased an aftermarket deck and got 4 new speakers. So that now I have 6 speakers. I also purchased an alpine type R. So my thought what that I would run 2 amps. One for the sub, one for the speakers.

BUT

I love the look of the Nissan factory stereo and like that it looks a lot cleaner.

View attachment 26522457

(Click to Enlarge)

I found this picture of the stereo on ebay for like 100 bucks. I want to put that in and take out my frame which just has a double din opening for a deck.

The problem is that I still need to run two amps. Now from what I have read I need hi-lo converters to do this (for the RCA outputs)

So I need 2 sets of RCA's (front and rear) for the 4ch Amp, then one set of RCA's for the sub. Making it a total of 3 sets of RCA cables.

So my question is, is that if I buy 3 of these hi-lo converters, will it work?

View attachment 26522456

(Click to Enlarge)

So this is where I used some of my own audio knowledge. If you look at the diagram above, it shows a left and a right speaker wire to connect on the left side of the diagram. But I was thinking that I could make it so that so that one of the hi lo converters would do rear, one would do front and the other would do the sub.

This is a picture of the hi-lo converter from the diagram above..

View attachment 26522466

(Click to Enlarge)

Will this do the job? Are there other types of converters that will work better in my situation?

Please give me your feedback and let me know if you think this crazy plan would work!

Thanks!

it is actually very simple and Mike will walk anyone thru it on the phone and the manual is top notch

I have used several on newer nissans because they do not have an option on the Maxima ect for an aftermarket deck..

they were very easy to install and way way better than a regulare LOC.

Where do you mount it? Wherever you can fit it behind the factory stereo?

Right now I have a nice avh-p3100dvd. Its a nice touch screen deck but i just think that the stock radio looks more classy. I dont know, what are your thoughts on that?

If I make a final decision I will sell the 3100. I paid around 500 for it less than a year ago, so maybe I could get 250-300 for it. If I get that much I will buy that new factory stereo and then I will just buy one of the mx-1s. Those together will cost 250ish. What do you think?

as for the deck thats upto you...

I sell pioneer and hated the 3100dvd the 4200 is way way better for a tiny bit more..

you can install it in the rear of the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

go watch the youtube video of it from the link I gave you ( top link ) it is super simple.

but if you use a factory deck definately use the MX-1.. you can even use just 1 speaker input but you would lose your fader...

Yeah I saw the video, just looks a little confusing but I could prob figure it out.

And what do you mean install it in the rear lol? I would need the money from selling that for the factory radio and the mx-1. How much you think i can get for an 11 month old 3100?

And what do you mean by one speaker input? like one rca for all 4 speakers?

Also how do I put everything to the correct setting if the controls on my amps are different? I looked on my 4ch and mono and saw that they were totally different than the one showed in the video. I wont know how to do it on my amp..

may have to pay an installer to do it

i meant you can use 1 set of stock speakers wires on the input side and the mx-1 will sum the signal to the output side...for the rca output to the amps

the amps are totally seperate as far as settings go.. and each amp is dif...

If I were going to be installing it in the back how would I get the wire from the stock harness to the back? Do you think itd be okay to install it in the front behind the stock deck?

hey on the mx-1 the positive and negitive that come out of the outputs, those just follow thru to the wiring harness right?? or are they supposed to go to the amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.