In need of a great tweeter for my Focal K2P crossovers or maybe other options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Hey guys, my last unfinished rear component component project went down. This is how it was.

Focal Access TN 44 Tweeters

Focal Access Crossovers

Focal K2P 6.5" mids

One of the crossovers somehow melted on me. I am about to buy a new pair of Focal K2P crossovers, but need to know if spending the money on a pair of expensive crossovers that cost the same as some decent coaxials would be benificial. If the Focal Access TN 44 tweeters would work well with the K2P crossovers, let me know. Im searching for the crossover points for the K2P Crossovers, but I dont know the specs of my TN 44 Tweeters so I dont know if they are a good match or not.

I actually miss the Focal Access mids as they had packed more of a punch in the mid bass than my K2P's and my Focal Utopia Mids. I guess its a trade off between Mid Bass and Mid Range.

I'll be working on fiberglass pods as my first project to learn on for fiberglassing.

So Focal tweeters are rather expensive. Much more than what I want to spend on. So either I will replace the tweeters with cheaper ones, but with quality ones, or I will be selling my K2P's and tweeters so buy a nice pair lower end Hertz Audio Coaxials.

So if anyone could help me out with some good tweeters that will work well with the K2P crossovers I am about to buy, that would be great. Morel? Rainbow? Aura?

Here is the other half of my thread to see if anyone wants to work a deal out with my Focal setup.

Or if anyone would like to buy my K2P woofers and TN44 tweeters or trade for a set of nice coaxials, that would be great.

I am also open to trading my Focal Utopia's for a pair of legit Hertz Audio Components. Im looking for a pair of MLK's, but open to the possibility of HSK 165XL's. I am open to trading my Utopia components and/or the K2P components.

The details could be worked out.

Thanks!

Crossovers usually melt from too much power and/or installer error. Before I or anyone else recommends new hardware it would be wise to figure out why you had this failure.

I'm already redoing my entire wiring in my truck already. The crossovers will be relocated in a much better place this time. Im not running any more power than they recommended for/can take. I think it was a matter of where it was mounted. So this problem will be fixed once I put my system back together. I have my center console and my rear seats taken out of my truck. Im looking to mount my amps on the back wall. I was originally wanting to put my Audiopipe 3000D under my center console, but I am having clearance issues in the front with my insert for my storage in the very front.

So that will be fixed. So back to my original question/questions. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Do you have information regarding those tweeters that would support them being a perfect match for crossover points for my Focal K2P Crossovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.