Turn off bass completely with HPF?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jragusa
10+ year member

New York
I have a pair of JBL speakers that are both blown. But I don't really need the bass considering I have a sub right behind them and my front speakers also provide some bass.

So I want to put these speakers in my rear deck just for some fill. Basically just use them as tweeters.

Can I set the high pass frequency all the way up to prevent the speakers from producing bass?

Or should I invest in bass blockers from crutchfield?

They are a good pair of speakers (well they were) and the tweeters on them are great. (JBL GTO938's) So, there's no way to turn off the bass completely?

Even if I put the HPF up on the head unit and the amplifier?

Why is that? This is the first time I'm setting up a custom sound system.

I figured it would be good just to add some fill to the car, especially for the rear passengers.

Yea but if the rear passengers are only hearing tweets then it's useless but if insist on doing it just get a set of tweeter crossover and hook them up to the speakers and only the tweets will play

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.