Image Dynamics ID MAX 12 v.3 D2

Priorityship
10+ year member

I ordered my Image Dynamics on Tuesday and it will be here tomorrow. (great job to Main St Audio for their promt processing and shipping --$330 shipped-- AAA+++) I have a PG Tantrum 1200.1 also on the way. I know the RMS is over 1400 watts at 4ohms the amp and my sub is dual 4ohm (i messed up) so now I can only wire the sub into 2 ohms which will put over 1600 watts into the sub. The sub is only 1000RMS. Does anyone know if the sub can handle that kind of power or should I try to swap it??? I am thinking of going with 2 of the dual 2 ohm subs to give me a 2 ohm load at the amp (about 1600 watts i'm guessing)

Another question I had is on the box. Am I going to have to brace the crap out of the box??? Any suggestions???

Should be fine. If you're worried, turn down the gain all the way (I think that'll work, but then again the birthsheet for you PG may say the amp's max RMS is way high so....yeah...just keep the gain down)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.